Happy Snowman Luminary
- Diamond Tech KraftyBlok, 7-1/2”x7-1/2”
- Diamond Tech Jennifer’s Mosaics: Glass Gems, one pkg. each, 1/2”, 1/4”; Orange Cathedral Glass Chips; Black Opalescent Stained Glass Chips; White Iridized Glass Squares; Blue Cathedral Glass Chips; Red Opalescent Stained Glass Chips
- Ceramic leaves
- White mini light strand
newspaper (to cover work surface), scissors, marker, ruler, glass cleaner, paper towel
- Diamond Tech Jennifer’s Mosaics Wheeled Glass Nippers
- Eclectic Products E6000 Industrial Strength Adhesive
- 1. Remove labels from KraftyBlok and clean all surfaces of glass; let dry. Position KraftyBlok on work surface, with 8”x8” surface side up and stopper opening facing down towards you.
- 2. Print out patterns onto copy paper. Center pattern on KraftyBlok and trace around pattern using marker. Remove pattern and add further facial details where needed.
- 3. Nip 3/4” Blue Cathedral glass chips into random shapes using glass nipper. Use glass shapes to fill in background area around outside of snowman’s face. Pieces should fit together as jigsaw puzzle; nip glass where needed to ensure good fit, leaving 1/8” space between glass pieces for grout. When satisfied with placement, lift and apply glue to back side of each glass shape; press firmly into place and let dry.
- 4. Nip 3/4” White Iridized glass chips in same fashion to fill in snowman face, leaving 1/8” between glass pieces. Adhere into place; let dry. Nip Black and Red Opalescent chips. Use black chips for hat and brim and red chips for hat band. Adhere into place; let dry.
- 5. Place 1/2” round black glass gems in area designated for eyes. Use 1/4” gems to create smile, placing directly on top of tiles on face for added dimension. Adhere into place.
- 6. Nip Orange Cathedral glass chip on diagonal for nose; adhere into place on top of tiles on face. Let dry.
- 7. Position two green ceramic leaves on hat brim with 1/4” red glass gem on top. Adhere into place.
- 8. Use scissors to cut slit in KraftyBlok cap, starting at center edge to center hole in cap. Insert lights into KraftyBlok by inserting plug end of cord through slit, sliding it to center opening. Insert cap back into KraftyBlok opening.
- 1. Embellish with ribbons and bows and artificial floral for added color and fun.
by Grace Santoro for Diamond Tech