Winter Junk Journal
- Repurposed items: large paper bag, 6”x12”; wallpaper, 4-1/2”x9”; file folder with tab, 4-7/8”x7-3/4”; envelope, 4-1/8”x9-1/4”, book page, 4-5/8”x5-1/8”; small paper bag, 3-1/2”x7”; paper doily, 5-3/4”x5-1/4”; map, 5-1/8”x9-3/4”; mini file folder, 3-3/4”x5-1/2”
- Repurposed accents: tags, paint chips, chipboard shapes, ticket stubs
- Winter-themed die-cut embellishment pack
- Print paper, scraps
- The Robin’s Nest Dew Drops: Lakeside, Mini Teal
- Embellishments: seam binding, ribbon, lace, mini paperclip, button
- Baker’s twine, in color of choice
paper trimmer, ruler, hole punch, sewing needle, scissors, large binder clips
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine and Dies: Bigz Snowflake; Bigz Christmas Tree & Snowflakes
- Sizzix for Stampin’ Up! Dies: Sizzlits Merry Details Set, Bigz Scallop Square Duo Set
- Sizzix Textured Impressions Dearly & Frost Embossing Folders 2 pk.
- Stampin’ Up! Scallop Oval Punch
- Chalk ink pads: red, blue
- Crystal glitter glue
- Beacon Adhesives: Terrifically Tacky Tape, Zip Dry Paper Glue
- 1. Fold all repurposed items in half, except book page. Fold book page to 3-5/8”-wide.
- 2. Mark and punch holes along folded edge of each piece at 1/2”, 1-1/2”, and 2” from one end, punching through both layers.
- 3. With large paper bag on bottom to create outside cover, layer remaining pages as desired, aligning folds and punched holes.
- 4. Refold album and use binder clips to hold pages together. Use needle and baker’s twine to bind together all pages; tie ends into bows.
- 5. Use photos as guide to decorate assembled album with paper scraps, accents, and die-cut embellishments. Insert tags into pockets formed by paper bag. Add lace and ribbon to tags and pages, as desired.
- 6. For front cover, layer large snowflake and Dew Drops embellishments.
- 7. Ink edges of some pages or accents for variety; highlight some areas with glitter glue for sparkle. Let dry completely.
- 8. Cut two 10” lengths of seam binding. Adhere ends to inside front and back of paper bag album cover. Let dry completely. Tie seam binding ends in a bow to secure album.
- 1. Cut all repurposed items using paper trimmer first. Then begin planning pages of journal using desired items.
by Tonya Wilson-Trantham