Embroidery Hoop Snowman
- Embroidery hoop, 10”
- Screen, 12”x12”
- Homespun fabric, 1-1/2”x22”
- Acrylic paints: white; orange; pink; brown; black; dark blue; medium glue; aqua; light blue
- Paint brushes: liner; flat, 3/4”, #6
- Water-based varnish
- 1. Paint outside rim of larger hoop medium blue. Apply glue to outer edge of inner hoop. Place screen over inner hoop and push large hoop over smaller hoop to secure. Tighten screw.
- 2. When screen is snug, trim edges. Print and cut out pattern. Place pattern directly under hoop. Use #6 flat to basecoat face white. Basecoat hat medium blue and remaining area aqua. Apply as many coats as needed to fill in screen holes.
- 3. Float dark blue along bottom of hat and just above rim and pom-pom on hat. Float light blue along tops of hat rim, hat and pom-pom. Float light blue under hat to cast a shadow on snowman’s face.
- 4. Use liner and light blue to paint lines on hat rim.
- 5. Use #6 flat to paint nose orange. Use liner and black to paint mouth, eyes and eyebrows. Float brown paint along bottom of carrot nose and paint brown carrot lines on nose. Lightly dry brush cheeks pink.
- 6. Use liner to paint white twinkling star lines on sky.
- 7. Apply varnish.
- 8. Tie fabric scrap bow around screw; trim ends.
- 1. Make smaller versions of this design to attach to presents or hang on the tree.
by Shirlee Angerame