Quick Creations: Vintage Door Hangers
- Unfinished wooden door hanger
- Paints: Antique White, Espresso, Antique Green, Moss Green, Glorious Gold (DecoArt)
- Wooden number appliqués (Architectural Wood Elements)
- Metallic paints
- Velvet ribbon
- Optional: hat pins, stamps
- Two CRYSTALLIZED Elements (Swarovski) 5mm crystals
- Sand paper
- Wax candle
- Paint brush
- Computer & printer
- Use Liquid Laminate (Beacon Adhesives)
- Gem-Tac Permanent Adhesive (Beacon Adhesives)
- 1. Deck your doors with holiday splendor! These vintage door hangers make a grand first impression for any entrance.
- 2. To get this look, sand an unfinished wooden door hanger and basecoat Antique White or Espresso (DecoArt). When dry, rub a wax candle randomly over surface. For Antique White door hanger, paint over Antique Green (DecoArt). For Espresso door hanger, paint over Reindeer Moss Green (DecoArt). Repeat steps for wooden numbers (25” and desired letter and numbers. When dry, lightly sand pieces to reveal distressed finish.
- 3. Paint one pair of wooden appliqués (Architectural Wood Elements) Rich Espresso and remaining pair Glorious Gold (DecoArt). Dry brush hangers and wooden letters and numbers with metallic paints.
- 4. Use your computer to download vintage Christmas images from www.thevintageworkshop.com. Print images on heavy print paper and cut out. Use Liquid Laminate (Beacon Adhesives) to adhere images to door hangers.
- 5. Cut two velvet ribbon lengths to width of door hanger or to length of handle. Use Gem-Tac Permanent Adhesive (Beacon Adhesives) to adhere the ribbon and wooden appliqués to the door hangers as shown. Embellish door hangers as desired with hat pins, stamps and other items. Glue two CRYSTALLIZED Elements (Swarovski) 5mm crystals to each door hanger. Adhere wooden letters and numbers to door hanger as shown.
by Melony Bradley