Quick Creations: Winterberry Garland
- Three to four strands of red or brown wreath garland
- Spray paint white acrylic paint
- 1. Create a gorgeous garland you can keep out long after the holidays. This garland looks spectacular with icicle and snowy decorations and makes a dramatic wreath garland in a dining room centerpiece.
- 2. To get this look, purchase three to four strands of red or brown wreath garland from a craft store. Cover your work surface with newspapers and spray paint the garland with glossy white acrylic paint. Let paint dry, and spray paint opposite side. It’s okay to let some red show through for a snow-laden appearance.
- 3. Use this fabulous decoration around ice skater scenes, little Christmas village scenes on your holiday tree or on the mantle. When storing the garland in a box, do not compress it too much. And don’t pack it away right after Christmas because this snowy accent really speaks to the wintry days of January as well.
by Clare Miers