Quick Creations: Gilded Bird Napkin Rings
- Wooden napkin rings and birds
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt), Traditional Burnt Umber, Espresso, Dried Basil Green, Antique Green
- Interior Gold Leaf (AMACO)
- Christmas lettering patterned paper
- 5mm crystal (Swarovski)
- Sand paper
- Wood seal
- Zip Dry Paper Glue (Beacon Adhesives)
- Brown chalk ink
- Gem-Tac Permanent Adhesive
- 1. Accessorize your holiday table with trend-setting birds. These gilded napkin rings make a sophisticated statement on a shoestring. To get this look, sand and seal wooden napkin rings and birds. Using Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt), paint one bird Traditional Burnt Umber, one Espresso and two Dried Basil Green. Paint wooden teardrops Antique Green. Paint one bird each of the four acrylic colors.
- 2. Follow Brush and Leaf Interior Gold Leaf (AMACO) manufacturer’s instructions to apply gold leaf to birds in random spots. Use Zip Dry Paper Glue (Beacon Adhesives) to adhere one side of teardrops to wrong side of Christmas lettering patterned paper; cut out. Sand paper edges even with wood. Apply brown chalk ink to edges of teardrop “wings”.
- 3. Use Gem-Tac Permanent Adhesive to adhere wings to birds, 5mm crystal (Swarovski) to faces and birds to napkin rings. Place rings on sides and prop up until glue sets.
by Melony Bradley