Christmas Wishes Gift Box
- Papier-mâché box
- Patterned papers to cover box
- Velvet ribbon
- Martha Stewart Crafts Fine Glitter (EK Success): Red; Peridot
- Black seed beads (eyes), four
- Pink tulle
- Silver crinkle wire
- Black seed beads
- Small bird’s nest
- Floral wire: black; silver
- Silver acrylic paint
- Mod Podge Matte (Plaid)
- Foam brushes
- Model Magic modeling compound (Crayola)
- Alphabet stamps
- Black ink pad
- Flower craft punch
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Wire cutters
- 1. Cut papers to cover box. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to découpage papers to box.
- 2. For birds, pinch off enough modeling compound to create two different sized birds. For each bird, roll modeling compound into ball, then shape into bird. Set aside to dry for 24 hours.
- 3. When dry, shape silver floral wire into arch over birds; bend and glue ends to box. Tie tulle around wire. Stamp “Christmas Wishes” on paper; trim to tag shape. Glue button to tag. Punch flowers from paper and glue to base of each side of arch.
- 4. Apply a coat of Mod Podge to each bird; sprinkle with glitter. Let dry. Hot glue seed bead eyes to faces. Cut wings from paper and hot glue to bodies. Glue tulle to wings if desired. For beak, cut 1/2” wire length and press onto face.
- 5. Paint nest silver. Hot glue nest to box and bird inside nest.
by Jenni Horne