Cupcake Hair Bow
- Pink/white polka dot ribbon, 1-1/2”-wide
- FIMO Effect Oven Bake Clay (Staedtler): Ruby Red
- FIMO Soft Oven Bake Clay (Staedtler): White; Chocolate
- Americana (DecoArt): Snow White Acrylic Paint, Star Lite Varnish
- Ultra Fine Transparent Glitter (Art Institute Glitter): Petal Pink
- Cover A Card Rubber Stamps (Impression Obsession): Thin; Dots
- Acrylic Roller (Staedtler)
- Clay-dedicated tile
- Cotton twine
- Metal hairclip
- Round toothpick
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- 1. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to condition clay. For cupcake base, mix one part White with two parts Chocolate clay until combined. Roll clay onto tile work surface. Press Thin stamp onto surface of clay. Cut 1/2”x1” rectangle. Trim bottom edges just slightly thinner than the top.
- 2. For “frosting”, mix White and Ruby Red clay, roll pink clay onto tile work surface. Press Dots stamp onto surface of clay. Cut a half circle shape and press the flat edge to top edge of light brown piece. Use toothpick to smooth edges together. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake clay. Let cool.
- 3. Apply varnish to cupcake. While still wet, sprinkle top half of cupcake with glitter. Paint Dots impressions with white paint, and let dry.
- 4. Cut 18” length from ribbon. Loop in a figure eight, leaving both ribbon ends pointing down. Tie a short length of cotton twine around center to secure bow. Hot glue bow to hairclip and cupcake to bow.
by Keri Lee Sereika