Whimsical Christmas Forest
Transform foam triangles with colorful papers, unique trims, and glittery buttons to create a playful mantle scene.
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam Blocks, 12”x12”x1”, two
- Holiday-themed papers, five
- Ribbon, 1”-wide, five assorted styles/colors
- Adhesive pearls
- Glitter buttons, assorted
paper trimmer, scoring tool, scissors, ruler, pencil
- Serrated knife
- Wax candle or bar of soap
- Adhesives: double-sided tape, liquid glue, clear dots
- 1. Size are 5-1/2”-11-3/4” tall.
- 1. Run serrated knife across old wax candle or bar of soap. Cut five triangular tree shapes of assorted sizes from foam blocks. Use photo as guide.
- 2. Trace each foam tree twice onto desired paper; cut out paper trees and adhere to front and back of foam trees using double-sided tape.
- 3. Apply double-sided tape along edges of trees; adhere different ribbon to each tree to cover exposed foam.
- 4. Using photo as guide, decorate trees with adhesive pearls, trim, and buttons; adhere buttons with clear dots.
- 1. Cover trees in felt or burlap instead of paper for another look; replace pearls and buttons with metal brads or metallic sequins.
by Patty Schaffer for The Dow Chemical Co.