This simple but beautiful holiday-themed garland looks sophisticated, yet is easy enough for kids to make.
- Bazzill White Cardstock
- Echo Park Dots & Stripes Paper Collections: Metropolitan Ruby Red, Leaf; Candy Shoppe Raspberry
- The Twinery Ocean Stripe Baker’s Twine
scissors, paper plates
- Xyron Adhesives: 3” Sticker Maker, 3/16” High Tack Adhesive Dots
- Craft punches: circle, 2”; snowflake, 1-3/8”
- Clearsnap Glitter: Winter Frost, Silver Lining
- 1. Punch 12-20 circles from each color Echo Park paper. Sort into matching color pairs of main and back circles. (see photos)
- 2. Punch 18-30 snowflakes from White cardstock. (see photos)
- 3. Run snowflakes through Xyron 3” Sticker Maker. Rub very well, then peel. (see photos)
- 4. Carefully remove snowflakes and lay with sticky side up on paper plate.
- 5. Sprinkle snowflakes with Winter Frost glitter, making sure to cover every snowflake completely, including the edges. (see photos)
- 6. Run glittered snowflakes back through Xyron 3” Sticker Maker with glitter side up. Rub very well, then peel. (see photos)
- 7. Adhere snowflakes to half of main circle centers, varying colors. Set pairs aside. (see photos)
- 8. Press Xyron 3/16” High Tack Adhesive Dots on remaining main circles in random polka dot pattern. (see photos)
- 9. Lay with sticky side up on paper plate; sprinkle with Silver Lining glitter. Tap off excess. (see photos)
- 10. Run decorated circles through Xyron 3” Sticker Maker. (see photos)
- 11. Lay several back circles 1” apart across work surface, in desired color pattern. Starting 6” from end, lay twine across center of back circles. Adhere decorated circle to matching color back circle and twine, pressing firmly. Repeat until all circles are adhered or desired length is achieved. Trim twine 6” beyond last circle. (Note: Increase starting and ending lengths of twine to 12” or more if intending to tie around column or post.) (see photos)
- 1. Xyron makes it easy to add the glitter with very little mess, especially when crafting with children.
- 2. Make this garland as long or as short as desired by making more or less circles.
by Cristal “Pinky” Hobbs for Xyron Inc.