Dashing Through the Sky Stamp Art Set
sizes: card, 4-1/2”x6-1/4”; candle, 3”x6”
- Small cream card stock-texture gift bag, handles removed
- Cream card, 4-1/2”x6-1/4”
- Blue pillar candle, 3”x6”
- Cardstock: dark blue; cream
- White tissue paper
- Burgundy satin ribbon
- Stamps (Safire Stamp Designs): Prancer; Heart Tree
- Ink pads: Memories Black dye (Stewart Superior); Big & Bossy embossing (Ranger)
- Embossing powder (Ranger); Black; Platinum Ultra-Thick Embossing Enamel
- Pearl-Ex Watercolors (Jacquard Products)
- Blue Lagoon Memories Mists (Stewart Superior)
- Stickles glitter glues (Ranger): Silver Ice; Crystal Ice; Silver; Black Diamond; Christmas Red
- Heat tool
- Waxed paper
- Circle template to fit reindeer image
- Adhesives: hot glue gun; Aleene’s Tacky Glue (iLovetoCreate, formerly Duncan Enterprises)
- Cards & Bag
- 1. Visit www.ruthannzaroff.com/mirkwooddesigns.com for money card pattern; click on Templates. Follow directions to print Plain Money Holder onto dark blue cardstock; cut out and score.
- 2. Cut five same-size circles from cream cardstock, large enough to contain reindeer stamp image. Black emboss deer on three moons. Black emboss two deer on upper inside money card flap.
- 3. Cut dark blue panels to fit card and bag, 1/4” to 1/2” smaller all around. Trace moons onto all panels, including money holder. Black emboss trees below and to sides of traced moons; paint with watercolors and let dry. Paint blue around deer on money card flap. Detail trees with Crystal Ice glitter glue; let dry.
- 4. Glue two moons to blue cardstock panels; ink panel edges with embossing ink and heat emboss with Platinum UTEE. Glue to card and bag. Detail images with glitter glues, Silver Ice and Silver (swirls) for moon, Black Diamond and Christmas Red for reindeer; let dry. Tie bows and glue above panels.
- 5. Emboss money holder card edges with Platinum UTEE. Glue side tabs to bottom flap. Glue moon to front of money holder; cut and glue half-moon to inside bottom flap. Detail with glitter glue; let dry.
- 1. Place remaining cardstock moon on large piece of white tissue paper; mist with Blue Lagoon. Remove moon and dry tissue with heat tool. Hand-tear around masked moon area, leaving 1”-2” blue border. Mix white and yellow watercolors and paint backside of moon; let dry.
- 2. Stamp black reindeer on front of tissue paper moon.
- 3. Place tissue design on candle and wrap long strip of waxed paper around candle. Holding waxed paper tightly, pass heat gun over tissue paper design, melting image to candle. Do not overheat. Let cool.
- 4. Detail moon with Silver Ice glitter glue swirls and reindeer with Black Diamond and Christmas Red; let dry. Tie ribbon around bottom of candle.
by Kathy Post for Safire Stamp Designs