Home Sweet Home Collage Frame
sizes: framed piece, 4”x6”
- Wooden frame with 4”x6” opening
- Patterned (Graphic 45): Wallflower; Hot Tomato; Bees Knees
- Times Nouveau Collection Die Cut Tags (Graphic 45)
- Chipboard: bird, heart (Maya Road); key (7gypsies)
- Black Tiny Alpha Stickers (Making Memories)
- Paperie Rouge Blossoms & Buttons (Making Memories)
- All Sorts of Things Black Licorice Buttons (Lasting Impressions for Paper)
- Trims: crocheted lace (Melissa Frances); sheer red organza ribbon; red/white gingham ribbon
- FolkArt acrylic paints (Plaid): Wrought Iron; Parchment; Lipstick Red
- FolkArt Crackle Medium (Plaid)
- ColorBox Charcoal Fluid Chalk Inkpad (Clearsnap)
- Sewing machine with white thread
- Embroidery needle and red floss
- 1. Cut floral paper to same size as frame insert. Cut 2”x6” cherry paper strip, ink edges and adhere across bottom of floral piece. Sew along left edge of paper where stitching will be visible inside frame opening.
- 2. Cut clock face from paper; adhere over cherry strip at left side. Cover chipboard bird with houndstooth paper; ink edges and adhere to right side over cherry strip. Adhere tiny black button to bird’s eye. Adhere stickers to spell “Home Sweet Home” as shown.
- 3. Weave sheer red ribbon through lace trim and adhere across top of collage where it will be visible inside frame opening. Sew small red button to flower with red floss; adhere to lace trim.
- 4. Paint chipboard heart red; let dry. Sand edges and adhere heart over edge of clock. Glue three tiny black buttons to heart.
- 5. Paint chipboard key ivory; let dry. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to apply crackle medium. Apply black paint over crackle medium; let dry. Adhere key to collage as shown. Use white thread to sew through a red button; glue button to key. Knot short length of gingham ribbon; glue knot to key.
- 6. Insert collage into frame.
by Melanie Douthit