HVAC Holiday Gifts
sizes: box, about 10” long; bracelet, adult; ornament, 3-1/2” across
- Wooden items: hinged box with lid and center inset; star ornament; bangle bracelet (DIY Bangles)
- HVAC metal tape
- Adhesive rhinestones (KaiserCraft)
- Silver elastic cord
- Adirondack Alcohol Inks (Ranger): Wild Plum; Stream; Lettuce
- Adirondack Stream Acrylic Paint Dabber (Ranger)
- Adirondack Alcohol Blending Solution (Ranger)
- Adirondack Alcohol Ink Applicator (Ranger)
- Workable Fixatif (Krylon)
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine (Ellison)
- Sizzix Damask Texturz Plate (Ellison)
- 1. Paint ornament edge and bangle with Paint Dabber; let dry. Paint wooden box with gesso; let dry. Paint over gesso with Paint Dabber; let dry. Seal all pieces with spray fixative; let dry.
- 2. Use Big Shot to emboss strips of HVAC tape with damask texture.
- 3. Randomly drop Blending Solution onto embossed area, followed by random drops of all Alcohol Inks. Blend with ink applicator in up-and-down “blotting motion,” twisting applicator as you work. Let dry.
- 4. Carefully cut tape to fit desired surface without pressing down on texture; piece together strips as needed for larger areas. Peel away backing and adhere tape pieces to desired areas. For ornament, cover front and back, if desired.
- 5. Adhere rhinestones to surface as desired. Tie silver cord hanger to ornament.
- 1. Use alcohol inks in traditional Christmas colors of red, green and gold for a different look.
- 2. Cut embossed HVAC tape to fit around a large, unfinished wooden frame; insert a mirror in place of a photo.
- 3. Place 1”x6” strips of inked HVAC tape back to back and use them to create an ultra-chic, metallic paper chain garland.
by Lisa Somerville