Snowflakes Gift Set
project sizes: box, 1-1/4”x8-1/4”x8-1/4”; card, 5-1/4”x5-1/4”; frame, 8”x8”
- White wooden frame with Plexiglas insert, 8”x8” (Clear Dollar Stamps LLC).
- Card stock (Stampin’ Up!®): Whisper White; Always Artichoke; Mellow Moss; Read Red.
- White envelope, 5-1/2”x5-1/2”.
- Snowfl ake charm (Clear Dollar Stamps LLC).
- Paper Studio pearls (Crafts, Etc.): Gemstones Pearls, 3mm and 5mm; Round Pearl Brads.
- Satin ribbon, 5/8” (Offray®): pale green; red.
- Thin cardboard.
- Sepia-tone photo, 3”x3”.
- Stamps (Clear Dollar Stamps LLC): Fanciful Flakes; Holly Builder.
- Ink pads: Tim Holtz™ Frayed Burlap Distress™ Ink (Ranger); Real Red, Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss Classic Stampin’ Pads (Stampin’ Up!®).
- Nestabilities™ Small Scalloped Rectangles Dies (Spellbinders™).
- Cuttlebug® Die Cutter & Embosser and Snowflakes Embossing Folder (ProvoCraft).
- White gel pen.
- Crystal Lacquer (Sakura).
- Craft punches: 1” and 1-1/8” circles; Ticket Corner (Stampin’ Up!®).
- Foam sponges.
- Sewing machine and white thread.
- Mini adhesive dots.
- 1. Create Mellow Moss top-fold card base. Cut 5-1/8” Real Red square and 5” Whisper White square. Cut 3”x5-1/2” Whisper White piece for envelope flap; trace flap onto back of card stock but do not cut out. Cut 3”x4” pieces from Real Red and Whisper White for sentiment block.
- 2. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to emboss two largest white pieces with snowflakes. Sponge Frayed Burlap ink very lightly over embossing.
- 3. Cut out envelope flap and sew around edges; adhere to envelope. Sew around white card piece and adhere to red layer. Wrap red ribbon around layers and secure ends at back. Adhere layers to card front.
- 4. Using card stock pieces cut in Step 1, die cut red scalloped rectangle and smaller white straightedged rectangle. Ticket punch corners of white piece and sponge Frayed Burlap ink around edges. Apply inks to Holly Builder stamps as shown and stamp white block; stamp sentiment at center. Sew layers together. Adhere small pearls to red corners; adhere block to card.
- 1. Cut 6” Real Red and Whisper White squares. Cut white square into four equal triangles, cutting from corner to corner. Cut inner point from each triangle, leaving 1-1/2”-wide “frame” strip. Cut two 1-1/4” white squares and two 1-3/8” red squares; cut each in half diagonally to create small triangles.
- 2. Emboss white frame strips and mini triangles with snowflakes. Sponge Frayed Burlap ink very lightly over embossing.
- 3. Adhere frame strips to red square so corners meet. Adhere photo to center, trimming slightly so red edges is visible, if desired.
- 4. Adhere white triangles to red. Insert a pearl brad in each piece. Adhere triangles to frame corners.
- 1. Print and cut out patterns. Cut tag patterns from card stock as indicated. Emboss white layer with snowflakes; sponge ink over embossing. Layer and sew pieces together as shown.
- 2. Punch 1” red circle and two 1-1/8” white circles. Highlight red circle with white gel pen for berry; adhere to one white circle. Adhere white circles together at top of holly tag, sandwiching tag between them.
- 3. Write to/from information on back using white gel pen. Tie green ribbon bow. Adhere charm and bow to tag as shown. Adhere tiny pearl to center of charm. Tie twine loop around tag below berry; set aside.
- 4. Cut 10-3/4” and 10-7/8” Whisper White squares; larger square is for box lid. Score each square 1-1/4” from each edge. Stamp Frayed Burlap snowflakes over entire box lid.
- 5. Snip short horizontal score lines on opposite sides of each square at top and bottom. Fold and assemble lid; ink edges Frayed Burlap. Fold and assemble box bottom; place frame in box. Wrap red ribbon around box, sliding tag onto ribbon; tape ends at back.
by Laurie Wilson