Paper Packages Centerpiece
sizes: green package, 5” cube; blue, 3” cube; pink, 2”x4”x6”
- Styrofoam brand foam (The Dow Chemical Co.): cubes, 3” and 5”; block, 2”x4”x8”
- Patterned papers: one sheet blue; two sheets green; one sheet pink
- Coordinating specialty fibers
- Cream mini roses, 11
- Serrated knife and candle stub or paraffin
- Floral shears and pins
- Tombow Mono Aqua Glue Pen (Tombow)
- 1. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Measure and cut foam block to 2”x4”x6”.
- 2. Trace each side of foam shape onto backside of appropriate paper. Cut out and glue shapes to foam; let dry completely.
- 3. Wrap shapes with fibers; secure ends to top of each “package” with floral pins. Trim excess fiber.
- 4. Use floral shears to trim flower stems to 1” lengths; use glue gun to glue flowers to tops of packages.
- 1. Go glitzy! Replace roses with small clusters of glass ball ornaments and fiber with metallic cording.
- 2. Make it quick! Wrap foam shapes with holiday gift wrap you already have on hand.
- 3. Try white-on-white papers for chic wintertime wedding décor.
by Diane Flowers for The Dow Chemical Company