Paper Packages Centerpiece
project sizes: green package, 5” cube; blue, 3” cube; pink, 2”x4”x6”
- Styrofoam® brand foam (The Dow Chemical Co.): cubes, 3” and 5”; block, 2”x4”x8”.
- Patterned papers: one sheet blue; two sheets green; one sheet pink.
- Coordinating specialty fibers.
- Cream mini roses, 11.
- Serrated knife and candle stub or paraffin.
- Floral shears and pins.
- Tombow® Mono Aqua Glue Pen (Tombow®).
- 1. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Measure and cut foam block to 2”x4”x6”.
- 2. Trace each side of foam shape onto backside of appropriate paper. Cut out and glue shapes to foam; let dry completely.
- 3. Wrap shapes with fibers; secure ends to top of each “package” with floral pins. Trim excess fiber.
- 4. Use floral shears to trim flower stems to 1” lengths; use glue gun to glue flowers to tops of packages.
- 1. • Go glitzy! Replace roses with small clusters of glass ball ornaments and fiber with metallic cording. • Make it quick! Wrap foam shapes with holiday gift wrap you already have on hand. • Try white-on-white papers for chic wintertime wedding décor.
by Diane Flowers for The Dow Chemical Company