Warmest Wishes Card & Gift Jar
sizes: card, 4-1/4”x5-1/2”; jar wrap, 1-7/8”-wide
- Glass jar with metal lid (IKEA)
- Cardstock: Bravo Burgundy (Stampin’ Up!); Natural Smooth (Prism Papers)
- Wassail 6”x6” paper pad (BasicGrey)
- Wassail brads (BasicGrey)
- Ivory ribbon (Morex)
- Stamps: Pia Puddingtop (Stamping Bella); Warmest Wishes (Memory Box)
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad (Tsukineko)
- COPIC markers (Imagination International)
- Sakura 3-D Red gel pen (Sakura of America)
- Punches: doily border (Martha Stewart Crafts); slot (EK Success)
- Sewing machine and white thread
- Aleene’s Paper Glaze (iLoveToCreate)
- Small foam adhesive dots
- 1. Make burgundy top-fold card base. Sew along top and bottom of card front with no thread. Cut 3-3/4”x4-3/4” green holly paper; mat on burgundy cardstock and set aside.
- 2. Cut a 1-1/2”x3-3/4” solid white strip; doily punch one edge. Cut a 1-7/8”x3-3/4” red floral strip; adhere doily border under bottom edge and adhere strip to holly panel. Thread machine and sew long edges of red strip to holly panel.
- 3. Cut 2-5/8”x3-5/8” solid white piece. Stamp Pia and sentiment as shown. Use ruler and black marker to draw line for “floor.” Trace hair with brown marker. Outline image and floor below line in pale gray.
- 4. Stamp Pia again onto scraps of green and red papers used for card. Cut hat, boots and dress from red; cut away leaf tips that overhang bottom edge of skirt. Cut hat leaf, tights and leaf overskirt from green.
- 5. Stamp head/neck onto natural cardstock; color and cut out. Stamp hat top, collar, sock ruffles, sleeve trim/mitten and ornament onto scraps of white paper. Cut out pieces, including collar opening.
- 6. To begin assembling Pia layers on stamped panel, adhere pieces as follows: green leaf and tights; red boots and dress, tucking foam dots under dress hem for dimension; white socks, sleeve trim/mitten and collar, adding foam dot under collar front; green overskirt, adding foam dots beneath each point.
- 7. Adhere head/neck to panel, tucking bottom of neck inside collar opening. Adhere hat and hat top to head. Color berry on top of hat with red gel pen. Adhere ornament to skirt near hand; dot with Paper Glaze and let dry.
- 8. Mat stamped panel on burgundy cardstock; insert three brads at upper left. Punch slot to left of image for ribbon. Cut 3”x4” burgundy panel; double mat image using foam dots. Aligning punched slot, punch slot in bottom mat. Thread one end of ribbon through slots from back to front. Mat layers on holly panel with foam dots. Tie ribbon in bow around panel. Adhere panel to card front with foam dots.
- 1. Cut and adhere paper pieces one at a time to avoid bunching. Cut 1-7/8”-wide burgundy cardstock strip to fit around jar with some overlap; wrap tightly around jar and adhere ends at back. Cut 1-1/2”-wide green holly strip; wrap and adhere ends. Cut 3/4”-wide red floral strip. Punch white doily strips and piece together to fit along bottom of red floral strip; adhere to back bottom edge of red strip, then adhere strip around jar. Tie ribbon in bow around top of paper strip.
- 1. Create a dozen card/gift sets at once – multiples are cheaper to make because you use supplies more efficiently!
- 2. Find wonderful gift mix recipes on sites like allrecipes.com and recipegoldmine.com. Don’t forget to print a coordinating tag to tie to the jar listing ingredients if you’re unsure of food sensitivities.
- 3. Picture Pia in soft winter blues and purples! Replace brads with snowflake sequins.
by Michele Boyer