1st Thanksgiving Place Cards
- Off-white blank card, 4"x6"
- The Paper Studio Print Paper: Harvest Stripes, Harvest Circles, Harvest Large Plaid
- Thin plywood, 2" square
- Cork sheet, 1"x3"
scissors, ruler, sponge scrap, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface), paper trimmer
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine and Banner Die
- Clear stamps: Fiskars Turkey Lurkey, Stampendous! Perfectly Clear Retro Alphabet Set
- DecoArt Americana Marigold Acrylic Paint
- Ink pads: black, dark orange
- Craft glue
- 1. Measure and cut 3"x4-1/2" place card from off-white greeting card. Measure and cut 2-3/4"x4-1/4" print paper rectangle. Adhere print rectangle onto front of place card.
- 2. Use machine and Banner die to cut shape from cork sheet. Use black ink pad and alphabet rubber stamp to stamp name on banner. Ink banner edges dark orange using sponge scrap.
- 3. Measure and cut 1-1/2" square from plywood sheet. On covered work surface, paint square Marigold. Let dry. Stamp dark orange Turkey Lurkey image on center of square.
- 4. Adhere banner and square on place card. Repeat process to make additional place cards.
- 1. Substitute print paper with that in your stash and stamps with those in your collection.
by Debby Forshey-Choma