Faux Quilted Table Runner
- Unbleached muslin, 12”x32”, two
- The Warm Co. Warm & Natural Batting, 12”x32”
- Matching binding
scissors, pencil, ruler, iron and pressing surface, pins, needle, acrylic stamping block
- Unity Stamp Company Ann Butler Faux Quilting Stamps, assorted patterns, 2”
- Clearsnap Colorbox Crafter’s Ink by Ann Butler, assorted colors
- Sewing machine and thread
- 1. Fold muslin in half lengthwise and widthwise to crease fabric. Turning stamps to form diamond shapes along length of muslin, begin stamping blocks in rows. The first row will have three blocks; the second row two blocks. Continue along length of muslin for 19 rows. Heat set with iron. See Photo 1. (see photos)
- 2. Layer batting on top of plain muslin; top with stamped piece. Pin together.
- 3. Sew between stamped squares. See Photo 2. Trim excess all around to 1/4” from edge points of 3-block rows. See Photo 3. (see photos)
- 4. With right sides together, pin and sew binding front edge of runner. Fold binding over runner edge to back side; hand-sew to secure. Knot and clip thread ends.
by Ann Butler Designs