Thankful for You Tags
- Hot Off the Press Cider Artful Card Kit & Ribbon Set
- Hot Off the Press White Tags, four
- Hot Off the Press Dazzles: Mix ‘Ems Fall Leaves, Gold Jewel
scissors, paper trimmer, ruler, craft knife, cutting mat
- Ink Pads: Clearsnap Colorbox Chalk Toffee, Dark Brown; Imagine Crafts Tsukineko Metallic Copper Staz-On
- Ranger Essentials Ink Blending Tool and Foam
- Clear acetate sheet
- Adhesives: Therm O Web Zots Clear Adhesive Dots, foam tape, craft glue
- Prepare Tags
- 1. Using blending tool, ink front of tag Toffee, concentrating color near edges. Repeat with Dark Brown, layering as desired over Toffee. Ink edges Metallic Copper. Let dry.
- 2. Repeat process to cover three additional tags.
- Thankful for You Tag
- 1. Cut orange plaid paper to 2-1/4”x3-1/2”; ink edges Dark Brown. Adhere flush to right side of tag, 1-1/2” from top.
- 2. Cut out sentiment; adhere to orange die cut. Using foam tape, adhere sentiment panel to blue-green label die cut; adhere to card. Adhere burgundy swirl and two leaf die cuts to tag, overlapping as shown. Arrange and adhere Fall Leaves on acetate sheet, alternating colors; trim around edges. Adhere to tag with foam tape.
- 3. Ink top edges of three acorn die cuts with Metallic Copper; let dry. Adhere to tag with foam tape. Tie teal ribbon in bow; trim edges. Adhere bow to burgundy swirl using clear adhesive dot. Embellish with jewels.
- You Warm My Heart Tag
- 1. Cut burgundy 3”x3/4” strip from textured paper; ink edges Dark Brown. Adhere to tag 1-1/4” from top. Cut 3” length of brown ribbon; adhere across tag 3/8” from bottom.
- 2. Adhere large green label die cut to tag. Adhere burgundy floral die cut to left edge of green die cut using foam tape. With right edge of sentiment flush with right edge of tag, adhere sentiment over die cuts using foam tape on right side only. Ink edges of burgundy heart Metallic Copper; let dry. Adhere to sentiment with foam tape.
- 3. Embellish with additional Fall Leaves and Gold Jewels.
- Making Life Special Tag
- 1. Cut brown paper with leaves and swirl border to 3”x3-1/2”; ink edges with Metallic Copper and let dry. Adhere flush to tag bottom. Cut 3” strip of border; adhere along top edge of brown paper.
- 2. Adhere circle die cut 3/4” from top of tag. Adhere sentiment die cut to tag. Add tiny leaf as shown.
- 3. Adhere two Fall Leaves to acetate; cut out. Adhere leaves to tag. Tie green ribbon in knot; adhere to tag with clear adhesive dot. Embellish with jewels.
- Just for You Tag
- 1. Cut 3”x7/8” green paper strip and 3”x1-3/8” brown paper strip; mat together. Adhere to tag 2” from top. Ink tag edges Metallic Copper; let dry.
- 2. Adhere brown swirl, large label, and orange leaf to tag as shown. Using foam tape, adhere sentiment strips as shown. Using foam tape, adhere flower die cut to sentiments strips at overlap.
- 3. Cut two 3” strips of border; adhere to bottom of card with irregular edges facing. Embellish with additional Fall Leaves and Gold Jewels.
- 1. Stack tags together in order with “Thankful For You” tag on top.
- 2. Cut two 18” lengths of ivory ribbon. Stack ribbons together; fold in half end-to-end. Push folded loop through tag hole. Thread ribbon ends through loop and pull tight. Trim ends to 3-1/2” long.
- 1. Back the Mix ‘Ems Fall Leaves Dazzles on acetate and trim around the edges for easy layering.
by Susan Cobb for Hot Off the Press