Witch Glove Centerpiece
- Clay pot
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam* Balls (Dow), 1”, five
- Green stretch glove
- Green chenille stems
- Fiberfill stuffing
- Black half round beads, 5mm, 10
- Grey and/or black yarn (hair)
- Black felt
- Black acrylic paint
- Grey Spanish moss
- Preserved leaves
newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Low-temperature glue gun and glue sticks
- White craft glue
- Wooden skewer
- *STYROFOAM is a registered trademark of The Dow Chemical Co.
- 1. Basecoat clay pot black. Let dry.
- 2. Insert 1” ball into tip of each finger of glove.
- 3. Stuff remaining glove lightly with small bits of fiberfill stuffing. (Note: Do not overstuff.)
- 4. Gather cuff together with thumb folded over towards middle. Hot glue glove cuff to bottom of clay pot.
- 5. Place a bit of Spanish moss down around glove and pull pumpkins up a bit so they stretch up out of pot.
- 6. Print and cut out pattern. Cut hats from felt. Roll crown of hat into cone shape and glue ends together in back. Apply thin bead of white glue around bottom edge of cone and place in middle of felt brim. Let dry.
- 7. For noses, cut 3/4” length from green chenille stem. Use wooden skewer to poke hole in face. Apply glue to chenille stem end and place inside hole and into STYROFOAM ball. Shape noses into hooks as shown.
- 8. Glue eyes (beads) to faces.
- 9. For hair, cut short lengths from yarn, Glue hair around head. (Note: Leave top of head bald since hat will cover it.) Glue hats to heads over hair.
by Kathleen George for The Dow Chemical Co.