Ribbon Roll Ornaments
- FOR EACH:
- Recycled cardboard ribbon roll
- Wooden oval, 3” long
- Downloadable vintage image or image of choice
- Heavy white printer paper
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Spa Blue; Espresso; Antique White; Napa Red; Dried Basil Green; Alizarin Crimson
- Glitter Writer (DecoArt): Gold; Crystal; Silver
- Gingham ribbon, 7/8”, 10” length
- Silk flowers and greenery
- Christmas Words clear acrylic stamp set (Inkadinkado)
- Black pigment ink
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue (Duncan)
- Computer and printer
- Wax candle
- Hole punch
- Sanding block
- Wire cutters
- 1. Paint ovals Espresso. When dry, rub surface randomly with wax candle. Paint oval Spa Blue, Dried Basil Green or Antique White. Sand lightly to reveal distressed finish. Stamp desired sentiments on ovals.
- 2. Carefully remove one top layer of cardboard from ribbon roll to reveal hollow center. Leave back cardboard layer in tact. Paint roll Spa Blue, Alizarin Crimson or Dried Basil Green.
- 3. Download images, size to fit back of roll and print on heavy white paper. Trace a circle around oval to fit back of roll. Glue image to back of roll. Line edges with glitter writer.
- 4. Tie ribbon bow and glue to bottom front of ribbon roll. Glue oval to bottom center, and greenery to ribbon roll. Punch hole at top of ribbon role. Cut 6” wire length and thread through hole for hanger.
- 1. Instead of using vintage images, place photos inside ribbon roll for personalized ornaments and gifts.
by Melony Bradley