Merci Magnet Card
- Cardstock: White (Wausau Paper); Leapfrog, Sprout, Blackbird (Bazzill Basics); Glossy White (Ranger)
- Blank chipboard
- Antique Black brads (Making Memories)
- Stamps (Penny Black Inc.): Thinking of You (#30-023) (Eiffel Tower); Salutations (#30-014) (Merci)
- Ink pads (Tsukineko): VersaFine Black Onyx; VersaMark watermark pad and pen; StazOn Jet Black solvent
- Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Inks (Ranger): Bottle; Butterscotch; Lettuce
- Alcohol Ink Blending Solution (Ranger)
- Alcohol Ink Applicator Felt (Ranger)
- Embossing powders: clear (Tsukineko); Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress (Ranger)
- Inkssentials Brass Memory Foil Tape, 1/4” (Ranger)
- Small magnet
- Small jewelry tag or oval punch
- Poster putty
- 1. Make side-fold white card.
- 2. Cut 3-3/8”x4-7/8” Leapfrog panel; mat on 3-1/2”x5” black cardstock panel. Cut 2-1/8”x3-1/2” Sprout panel; mat on 2-1/4”x3-5/8” black panel. Stamp Eiffel Tower image at center of Sprout panel. Adhere smaller piece to larger piece, leaving space at bottom for sentiment. Set aside.
- 3. Trace left side of small jewelry tag onto Sprout cardstock scrap; flip tag and trace right side to create label. If jewelry tag is unavailable, punch small oval-shaped tag. Stamp black “merci”; heat emboss with clear powder.
- 4. Tap two brad heads into watermark ink, then dip in Walnut Stain embossing powder; heat emboss. Attach tag to cardstock panel with brads. Adhere panel to card.
- 5. Use applicator to pounce alcohol inks onto a piece of glossy white cardstock. When pleased with effect, pounce with Blending Solution. Stamp Jet Black tower image on inked cardstock; trim to 1-3/4”x3-1/8”.
- 6. Cut 1-3/4”x3-1/8” chipboard piece. Adhere stamped image to chipboard. Wrap edges of piece with brass foiling tape. Use watermark ink pen to color over tape, then sprinkle with Walnut Stain embossing powder; heat emboss. Adhere small piece of magnet to back. Adhere to card, over stamped image, with poster putty.
by Elizabeth Allan