Turkey Treat Cup
- Paper nut cup, 2”
- Cardstock: brown, gold, rust, orange, red, white, black
- Pony beads: orange, four; yellow, two
- Brown chenille stem, 10” length
scissors, pencil, paintbrush, black marker, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Circle punches: 3/8”, 1/16”
- DecoArt Americana Marigold Acrylic Paint
- Beacon Adhesives Kid’s Choice! Glue
- 1. Print out patterns. Cut patterns from cardstock. Outline all shapes with black marker.
- 2. On covered work surface, paint outside of nut cup Marigold. Tie twine around cup; knot ends.
- 3. Punch two 3/8” circles from white cardstock and two 1/16” circles from black cardstock. Adhere black circles to white circles for eyes. Adhere eyes, beak, and wattle to face.
- 4. Adhere body to back of cup. Adhere two brown wings to sides of cup.
- 5. Adhere remaining feathers to circle. Adhere feather circle to back of body.
- 6. For feet, thread two orange and one yellow bead to both sides of chenille stem. Bend 1/2” on ends. Adhere center of chenille stem to back of cup.
- 1. Substitute small paper drinking cup for nut cup.
by Linda Valentino