Fall Floral Napkin Rings
- Autumn print fabric, 1/2 yd.
- Metal brads
scissors, pencil, ruler, piercing tool, iron and pressing surface
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine and Scallop Circles 2 Die
- Adhesives: Beacon Adhesives Stiffin Stuff, Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive; The Warm Co. Steam-A-Seam 2, 1/8 yd.; VELCRO Brand Fabric Fusion
- 1. Position 1/8 yd. of fabric on work surface. Apply Steam-A-Seam 2 to half of fabric; fold wrong side of fabric on top of Steam-A-Seam 2 fabric. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to fuse fabric using iron and pressing surface.
- 2. For each napkin ring, cut 5-1/2”x1-1/2” strip from fused fabric.
- 3. Place 1-1/2” piece of Fabric Fusion onto short ends of fabric on napkin ring and 1/2” piece of loop side on top center. Iron following manufacturer’s instructions. See Photo 1 and Photo 2. (see photos)
- 4. Cut 1/3 yd. of fabric into 5”x5” squares; position four squares on Scallop Circles 2 die and die cut using machine. Repeat until you have 16 small and large circles total for each napkin ring.
- 5. Spray scallop circles with Stiffen Stuff; let dry.
- 6. Fold each scallop circle in half and then in half again to find center; use piercing tool to poke hole through centers. Place assortment of circles onto brad; secure brad ends on back. See Photo 3 and Photo 4. (see photos)
- 7. Working from top, fold and crumple each layer, creating flower shape.
- 8. Adhere remaining hook side of Fabric Fusion onto back of flower; let dry. Attach flower to napkin ring. Repeat process for additional napkin rings.
- 1. Use a basic print or solid fabric for the napkin ring and then create interchangeable flower shapes using a variety of pastel, red/green/gold, and Americana prints for other holidays.
by Ann Butler Designs