Autumn Leaves Wreath
size: 12" diameter
- Foam wreath, 12" diameter
- My Favorite Things Whip Cream Cardstock
- Wire hanger
- My Favorite Things LJD Fall Foliage Stamp Set
- Die-cutting system and My Favorite Things Die-namics LJD Fall Foliage Dies
- Ink pads: My Favorite Things Tangy Orange, Orange Fizz, Jellybean Green, Kraft, Grape Jelly, Hot Fudge; Stampin’ Up Cajun Craze, Old Olive, Soft Suede; Ranger Vintage Photo Distress
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- 1. Cut burlap yardage into 2"-wide strips; wrap snugly around foam wreath form securing ends on back using glue gun. Start and end edges of burlap strips on back of wreath.
- 2. Die cut leaves and acorns and ink stamps in colors of choice using rock-and-roll technique for leaves. (Note: For rock-and-roll technique, after inking stamp evenly, touch edges of stamp onto contrasting color ink pad.) Stamp images. See Photo 1. When stamping on die-cut shapes, use dark background for light cardstock to help position stamp accurately. See Photo 2. (see photos)
- 3. Shape leaves with fingers, creasing center line for dimension.
- 4. Adhere leaves, overlapping edges for best coverage, to wreath form in desired arrangement using glue gun.
- 5. Attach wire hanger to back of wreath using glue gun.
- 1. Use a large paper clip if wire hanger is not handy or available.
by Barbara Anders for My Favorite Things