Illusions of Lace - From the Heart Card
- Cardstock: black; cream; dark brown; pale ivory
- Inkssentials White Gloss Paper (Ranger)
- Wax paper
- White printer-weight paper
- Wide lace
- From the Heart stamp (Hero Arts)
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink pads (Ranger): Vintage Photo; Aged Mahogany; Fired Brick; Black Soot; Faded Jeans; Broken China; Walnut Stain
- Super Fine Detail Black embossing powder (Ranger)
- Inkssentials line (Ranger): Cut ‘n Dry Foam Pad; Heatit Craft Tool
- Inky Roller medium brayer (Ranger)
- Big Shot die-cutting machine and Heart with Swirl die (Sizzix)
- 1. Lightly brayer Vintage Photo Distress Ink onto glossy paper. Uneven application will add interest to finished background.
- 2. Sandwich inked cardstock, wax paper, lace – and die cuts, if desired – between two sheets of white printer-weight paper. Use of paper will prevent unwanted transfer of wax to die-cutting machine. Follow machine manufacturer’s instructions to emboss cardstock.
- 3. Apply Distress Inks to embossed cardstock using foam pad; see individual instructions. Let dry.
- 1. Make 4-1/4”x5-1/2” cream card base. Cut 3-5/8”x4-7/8” glossy paper piece and 3-3/4”x5” black mat.
- 2. Follow general instructions to create background; apply Vintage Photo, Aged Mahogany and Fired Brick inks.
- 3. Stamp and emboss sentiment. Assemble card.
by Lynn Roberts