Create a gorgeous Christmas wreath with My Favorite Things Die-namics dies.
- Green foam wreath, 12” diameter
- Dried Spanish moss, green
- Cardstock: My Favorite Things Red Hot, Gumdrop Green, Fuse Green; deep blue glitter
- Zebco Omniflex Monofilament Fishing Line, 4-lb.
- Green covered florist wire
- Red self-adhesive gems
- Offray 1-1/2”-wide plaid ribbon, 24” length
straight pins, wire cutters
- Compatible die-cutting and embossing system
- My Favorite Things Die-namics Dies: Poinsettia, Let It Snowflake
- Adhesives: hot glue gun, craft glue
- 1. Spread hot glue on foam wreath in sections; adhere Spanish moss until wreath is covered. (see photos)
- 2. Wrap fishing line around wreath snugly, but not tightly, to hold moss; tie to secure. (see photos)
- 3. Die cut and emboss five poinsettias from Red Hot cardstock, one large (with 2 different size petals) and four small (with same size petals). Die cut stamens from Gumdrop Green cardstock and centers from Fuse Green cardstock. Assemble poinsettias and embellish centers with gems. Die cut 10-12 leaves; set aside. (see photos)
- 4. Tie ribbon in bow; trim edges. Hot glue ribbon on left side of wreath, securing with straight pins into wreath. (see photos)
- 5. Arrange poinsettias and leaves over wreath and ribbon as shown; hot glue into place. (see photos)
- 6. Die cut three medium and two large snowflakes from glitter cardstock. Cut five 3” lengths of florist wire; adhere to back of each snowflake. Apply dab of hot glue to bare end of wire and insert into wreath among poinsettias. (see photos)
- 1. Gently shaping the poinsettia petals and leaves with fingers adds dimension and creates a more natural look.
- 2. Two bags of Spanish moss give excellent coverage for a wreath.
- 3. Don’t have red gems? Clear gems can be “colorized” with markers.
by Barbara Anders for My Favorite Things