School Sports Memory Album
size: 4”x8” (closed)
- Peek-A-Boo Book chipboard album, 4”x8” (Zsiage)
- Soccer Kicks chipboard coaster (Lil’ Davis Designs)
- Stickers: soccer ball (shown on back cover, source unknown); Soccer Definitions (shown on front cover, Making Memories)
- Themed rub-ons (K&Company)
- Swirl sequins (Hero Arts)
- Gaffer tape (7gypsies)
- Clear Sticker Paper (#53203) (Avery)
- Split rings for binding, three
- Stamps: Sayings and Flourishes (Autumn Leaves); Flourish (The Stamping Studio); Flourishes (Stampers Anonymous)
- Ink pads (Ranger): Archival Jet Black; Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Weathered Wood, Broken China, Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint
- Adirondack Lettuce Acrylic Paint Dabber (Ranger)
- Perfect Pearls Perfect Pearl pigment powder (Ranger)
- Inkssentials (Ranger): Cut N Dry Foam; Non-Stick Craft Sheet; Mini Misters
- Gel Medium (Liquitex)
- Extra Strength Glue Stick (Elmers)
- Die-cutting machine and Sizzix number dies (Ellison)
- Label maker and labels (Dymo)
- Computer and printer
- Optional: 3210 All-In-One Printer and Photo Paper (Hewlett-Packard)
- Optional: Adobe Photoshop Elements (Adobe)
- 1. Place front cover of book on nonstick craft sheet. Using a piece of Cut ‘n Dry foam and starting off the edge of the page, apply lightest shade of Distress Ink to page in circular motion to cover surface. Repeat with each color of Distress Ink, using a clean piece of foam for each color. Work from lightest to darkest ink. This creates a gradation of color from darker to lighter and alleviates lines and “blocks” of color. Repeat on front of each page in album.
- 2. Fill three-fourths of mister bottle with water; add a small amount of Perfect Pearls. Shake well to blend; spritz book pages. Let dry.
- 3. Paint back of each page Lettuce; let dry.
- 4. Using photos as guides, decorate album cover and pages with photographs, die-cut numbers for years, and stamped sayings and flourishes using black ink pad. Print team roster and other journaling on Clear Sticker Paper and trim to size for pages. Embellish with label tape, gaffer tape, stickers and rub-ons. Add chipboard coaster to first page so it is visible inside cover opening. Glue sequins around opening on inside front cover.
- 5. Bind book with split rings.
by Kriss Cramer