Beacon of Hope Card Pair
- Natural Smooth cardstock (Prism Papers)
- Wild Asparagus patterned (My Mind’s Eye): My Husband Collection; Always Collection
- Eyelets or brads
- Scene It! Beacon of Hope stamp set (Cornish Heritage Farms)
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad (Tsukineko)
- COPIC markers (Imagination International)
- Paper piercer
- 1. Make Natural Smooth card base. Using photos as guides, cut and adhere a 4”x5-1/4” piece of paisley (blue card) or striped paper (brown card) to card front.
- 2. Stamp image and sentiment onto Natural Smooth cardstock; trim to 2-5/8”x3-3/4” for brown card and 2-7/8” square for blue card. Color image with markers and mat on appropriate solid paper.
- 3. For brown card, cut 1”x2” brown strip, pierce three holes and insert brads. Adhere strip to center left side of striped paper.
- 4. Cut contrasting strip (blue card) or block (brown card) of patterned paper and mat on same solid as image; adhere layers to card as shown.
- 5. Insert eyelets in end of striped strip on blue card.
- 1. Use stamped image and sentiment to embellish a prayer or gratitude journal.
- 2. Stamp several small lighthouse images and mat together in a triple-opening frame.
- 3. Experiment with different colorization techniques like watercolors, colored pencil or chalk.
by Michele Boyer