Altered Witch Hat
- Haunted paper pack (Cosmo Cricket)
- Black webbed Halloween ribbon (Michaels)
- Orange jumbo chenille rick rack (May Arts)
- Tissue paper
- Graphite Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels)
- Scotch-Brand Quick Dry Adhesive (3M)
- Lightweight cardboard, 12”x12” (optional)
- 1. Stuff top of hat with tissue paper. Glue bottom of brim to lightweight cardboard for added stability, if desired. If hat will be worn, omit base.
- 2. Cut patterned papers into several 3”x6” strips. Cut slight curves into ends of each piece to follow curves of hat.
- 3. Randomly place paper strips on hat brim, overlapping slightly. When pleased with arrangement, glue strips to hat.
- 4. Cut Happy Halloween title strip and adhere across front of brim. Glue strip of rick rack to brim above title. Tie ribbon around hat as shown. Spray hat with Glimmer Mist; let dry.
- 1. Wear it or use it as a decoration, either way you’ll love the look!
- 2. Create matching mother/daughter hats; wear with simple black felt capes. Easy!
by Kelly Anne Grundhauser