Halloween Fun Set
sizes: tote, 4-1/4”x5-1/4”; card, 4-1/4”x5-1/2”; favor, 7/8”x2”x3-3/4”
- Cardstock: Butterfly, Blackbird, Limeade (Bazzill Basics); White, Kiwi (Lasting Impressions)
- Black ribbon: 1/8”-wide; 3/8”-wide
- Black brads: four standard; one mini
- Black thread
- Stamps (Penny Black Inc.): Halloween Night; Crystalline; Halloween Web; Halloween Rap; Spooky-Spooky!; Rest in Peace; Licorice alphabet; Salutations
- Ink pads (Tsukineko): VersaFine Black Onyx; VersaMark watermark; VersaColor White
- Embossing powder: Clear, White (Tsukineko); Adirondack Lettuce (Ranger)
- Crushed Velvet Black Flock (Doodlebug Design)
- Stickles glitter glue (Ranger): Orange Peel; Lime; Crystal
- Adirondack Lettuce Dimensional Pearls (Ranger)
- Perfect Gold Perfect Pearls pigment (Ranger)
- Tombow markers (Tombow USA): 055; 985; 606; 133; N79
- Glaze pens (Sakura): Black; Orange; Green; Purple
- Twinkling H2Os Pewter watercolor cake (LuminArte)
- Yellow decorator chalk
- Nestabilities Scalloped Squares die (Spellbinders) and compatible die-cutting machine
- Small circle punch
- Stamp positioner
- Heat gun
- Niji water brush (Yasutomo)
- Cotton ball
- Adhesives: foam dots; Duo Adhesive (US ArtQuest)
- 1. Make orange, top-fold card base. Randomly stamp concentric circles on card front with watermark ink.
- 2. Stamp black Halloween Web on white cardstock; emboss with clear powder. Color web with markers. Apply thin wash of Pewter watercolor over marker; let dry.
- 3. Using stamp positioner, stamp black cat and bat as shown; emboss with clear powder. Clip panel corners with corner punch. Mat on pale green and black cardstock. Insert brads in corners. Adhere panel to card.
- 4. On separate piece of white cardstock, stamp cat, bat and ghost with black ink; emboss with clear powder. Cut out bat wings, cat body minus tail and ghost. Use small pieces of foam adhesive to align bat wings and cat body on panel. Shade left edge of ghost with marker and adhere to panel with foam dot.
- 5. Adhere 1/8” ribbon around bottom of card front. Stamp black “Trick or Treat” on white card stock; emboss with clear powder. Trim sentiment and mat like first panel. Adhere to card front over ribbon.
- 6. Dot ribbon with Lettuce paint. Outline large white panel with Orange Peel glitter glue. Let dry.
- Candy Coffin Favor
- 1. Print and cut out patterns. Trace hinged coffin pattern onto black cardstock; cut out on solid lines. Fold piece along dashed lines indicated on pattern and assemble; glue tabs to secure.
- 2. Cut coffin top from orange cardstock. Randomly stamp web on cardstock with watermark ink. Insert mini brad near center top. Cut short thread length and fold over brad; tape or glue ends to secure. Adhere piece to top of coffin. Outline edges with Orange Peel glitter glue.
- 3. Stamp black sentiment on white cardstock; emboss with clear powder. Trim sentiment and line edges with black marker. Use cotton ball to pounce yellow chalk over sentiment; repeat with Perfect Gold pigment. Adhere to coffin top over thread ends.
- 4. Stamp black mummy on white cardstock; emboss with clear powder. Cut out image and color with marker. Blend color with water brush; let dry. Apply thin wash of Pewter watercolor over image; let dry. Adhere to coffin with foam dots. Fill as desired.
- Card Tote
- 1. Print and cut out pattern. Trace pattern onto orange cardstock; cut slits where indicated but do not fold yet. Stamp black diamonds on side panels; set aside.
- 2. Stamp white web on black cardstock; emboss with white powder. Trim to fit bottom front of box; adhere.
- 3. Cut 3/4”x5-1/4” white cardstock strip. Stamp black tombstone at far left. Stamp black words from Spooky-Spooky! stamp at right. Quick Tip: Use stamp positioner for perfect alignment! Mat strip on bright green cardstock. Color dots with glaze pens. Color tombstone with markers; apply a thin wash of Pewter watercolor over marker. Adhere strip to tote front, overlapping black cardstock. Highlight white edges with Crystal glitter glue.
- 4. Stamp black bats from Spooky-Spooky! above sentiment strip; let dry. Apply thin coat of Duo Adhesive to bats; let dry until clear. Apply black flock. Lightly tap flock into adhesive, then brush away excess with soft, dry brush.
- 5. Die cut bright green scalloped square. Cut strips from outer edges and piece together to create border strip. Adhere strip under top edge of box. Highlight scallops with Lime glitter glue; let dry.
- 6. Stamp “BOO” using watermark ink and Licorice alphabet on black cardstock; emboss with green powder. Cut out letters and apply foam dots to backs. Highlight letters with Lime glitter glue; let dry.
- 7. Fold box along dashed lines indicated on pattern, gluing tabs to inside. Glue ends of 3/8”-wide ribbon inside top edges of box for handle. Adhere letters to front of box. Fill as desired.
by Elizabeth Allan for Penny Black Inc.