Burlap Ribbon Table Décor
- FloraCraft Make It: Fun project featuring Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam White Beveled Ring, 12” diameter; White Disc, 7-7/8” diameter; Design It: SimpleStyle Wide Wired Burlap Ribbon, 2-1/2”: Cream, two yds.; Green, 12” length
- Hurricane glass vase, 5" diameter, 7" tall
- Candle, 3" diameter, 7" tall
- White twine, 1 yd.
- Assorted dried naturals: pinecones, spiral pods, pom stems, bay leaf stems
ruler, newspaper (to cover work area), yarn needle
- FloraCraft Design It: Floral Shears
- Design Master COLORTOOL October Brown Spray Color
- Glue gun and sticks
- 1. In well-ventilated, newspaper-covered area, spray foam ring and disc on all sides and edges with two coats of October Brown. Let dry.
- 2. Position ring with beveled side up, centered on disc. Adhere ring to disc using glue gun. Let dry.
- 3. Use floral shears to cut two yards of Cream burlap ribbon and one yard of white twine. Thread yarn needle with twine. Hand-sew running stitch down center of burlap ribbon from one end to other. Pull twine to gather burlap ribbon into circle with ends touching; position on top of sprayed ring/disc. (Note: Burlap ribbon should just fit top of ring.) Tie ends of twine and cut excess.
- 4. For interesting look, mentally divide circle into thirds. Distribute gathers in burlap ribbon so that all three areas (about 3" long) have tight gathers and spaces between have more loosely-gathered ribbon. Use glue gun to spot glue gathers to adhere on ring.
- 5. Refer to photo. Looking from top down onto ring, hot glue bay leaf stems, with leaves extending beyond edge, on left side. Hot glue pinecones on ring and add smaller dried items in pleasing arrangement.
- 6. To make burlap tufts, cut two 6" lengths of Green burlap ribbon. Fray edges by removing three or four threads on each end. Fold each in half and then twist fold to create tuft. Tuck and adhere tufts among dried items.
- 7. Set glass vase in center of ring and place candle inside.
- 1. Experiment with found items like acorns, pressed leaves, and pinecones. Apply a coat of multi-purpose sealer to ensure year-to-year use.
for Craft Marketing Connections