Washi Tape Card
Use some of your favorite washi tapes to create adorable custom notecards.
- Close to My Heart Colonial White Cardstock
- American Crafts Washi Tape, assorted patterns
- Silhouette CAMEO Electronic Cutting Machine and Pink Sketch Pen
- Craft glue
- 1. Size is 3"x3"
- Washi Tape Card
- 1. Create 3”x3” White side-fold card base. Apply washi tape across card front. (see photos)
- 2. Open the Silhouette Studio software. Using the rectangle tool, draw two squares – one measuring 3” and one measuring 2.75”. Open the heart shape and resize it to 2.135”x2.15”. Select all three shapes, open the align window and click “center.” (see photos)
- 3. Select the inner, smaller square. Opening the line style window, choose dashed line. Select the larger, outer square and heart. Opening the cut style window, choose “no cut.” (see photos)
- 4. Load CAMEO with sketch pen and white cardstock. In Studio software, open the cut settings window, choose Silhouette Sketch Pen and click cut. When complete, replace pen with cutting blade. Do not unload mat. (see photos)
- 5. In Studio software, change the smaller square to “no cut” and the larger square and heart to “cut”. Open the cut settings window and choose textured cardstock. Click cut. When panel is cut, remove from CAMEO and adhere to card front. (see photos)
- 1. If you don’t have washi tape, strips of scrapbook paper would work great too!
by Jeana Goodwin for Silhouette America