Barbecue Gift Basket
- Red cotton dishtowel, 18”x28”
- Tan cotton fabric
- Recycled tea tin
- Glass quart jar with lid
- Cardstock: red, kraft, black, off-white
- Patterned papers: off-white script of choice, brown gingham
- Black gingham ribbon
- Gold mini eyelets, two
hole punch, eyelet setter, paper trimmer, sanding block
- Rubber stamps: tiny alphabet, pig stamp of choice, script background of choice
- Plaid Simply Ornamental Scroll Work Foam Stamp
- DecoArt Americana Lamp Black Acrylic Paint
- Black fabric ink pad
- Black pigment ink pad
- DecoArt Duraclear Varnish
- Marvy Uchida Paper Punches: Scalloped Circle, 3”; Circle, 2”
- The Warm Co. Lite Steam-A-Seam
- Sewing machine and matching thread
- Iron and pressing board
- Beacon Adhesives Zip Dry Paper Glue
- Barbecue Sauce Jar
- 1. Paint lid Lamp Black. Apply varnish and sand to distress.
- 2. Cut apron from red cardstock. Cut 2-1/2”x3-3/4” rectangle from black cardstock and adhere to apron bottom. (Note: Apply adhesive to bottom, left and right edges only to create pocket. Cut 2-1/4”x3-1/2” rectangle from patterned paper and adhere to apron bottom on black cardstock. Cut a 2”x2-1/2” rectangle from black cardstock and 1-3/4”x2” rectangle from kraft cardstock. Adhere kraft rectangle to black rectangle.
- 3. Use pigment ink to stamp “Pork BBQ Sauce” on one short end of kraft cardstock. Punch scalloped circle from kraft cardstock and small circle from off-white cardstock. Stamp pig on off-white circle and adhere to kraft circle.
- 4. Punch holes at top of apron; attach eyelets. Cut two 5” lengths from ribbon. Thread ribbon ends through holes and knot ends for apron strap. Tie remaining length around label and knot in center. Adhere apron to glass jar. Adhere pig to front of apron. Use rubber bands to secure items while drying. Place card inside pocket.
- Spice Rub
- 1. Stamp script background on kraft cardstock and trim to fit sides of tin. Cut black cardstock to fit lid. Cut kraft cardstock slightly smaller than black cardstock. Adhere papers to tin.
- 2. Stamp “bbq” around edges of kraft cardstock. Punch scalloped circle from kraft cardstock and small circle from off-white cardstock. Stamp pig on off-white circle and adhere to kraft circle. Adhere circles to lid.
- 1. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to fuse webbing to back of tan fabric; trim 3-1/8”x6” rectangle.
- 2. Use fabric ink to stamp script background, scroll, and pig on fabric as shown.
- 3. Fold towel into three panels with left and right edges facing inward and fuse fabric to center. Machine-sew zigzag stitch around edges of tan fabric.
by Melony Bradley