Transform glass or plastic canisters into country chic kitchen décor with paper and stamps.
- Glass or plastic canisters, three
- Paper: brown/white gingham, script
- Cardstock: red, off-white
- Brads: black, six; jeweled, three
- Silk flowers, two coordinating colors per canister
ruler, paper trimmer, hole punch, rubber bands
- Stamps: rooster, 3"; alphabet, 1/2"; Wordsworth Delight in the Ordinary
- Black pigment ink
- Scallop-edge scissors
- Beacon Adhesives Zip Dry Paper Glue
- 1. Cut brown/white gingham paper to fit around canister. Cut second piece of paper to fill seam if needed. Adhere paper to canister and wrap with rubber bands to secure while drying.
- 2. Cut 2-1/2”x4-1/2” rectangle from red cardstock, scalloping long edges. (Note: Depending on size of canisters, measurements may need to be adjusted.) Use black pigment ink to stamp rooster on script paper. Cut out image with scalloped scissors, leaving 1/4” border. Adhere image to red cardstock. Cut off-white cardstock to 1”-wide and up to 4” length to accommodate label. Stamp black "TEA", "COFFEE", or "SUGAR" as shown; trim edges with scallop-edge scissors. Punch holes in label ends and attach black brads.
- 3. Cut remaining off-white cardstock to 1/2”-wide and to length of canister. Place strip on surface and stamp black ”Delight in the Ordinary” sentiment along length of strip, approximately 1/2” apart. Adhere strip around top of canister and wrap with rubber bands to secure while drying.
- 4. Adhere rooster image panel and content label to canister as shown. Layer two silk flowers together and insert jeweled brad in center; adhere to canister.
by Melony Bradley