DIY Haunted House Pillow
- Corduroy fabric
- Wool fabric scraps
- Rusted tin jingle bell
- Fiberfill stuffing
- Assorted cotton threads
- Assorted embroidery floss
- Needles: embroidery; sewing
- Sewing machine and matching thread
- Iron and pressing board
- 1. Draw desired house pattern on paper. For pillow front and back, cut one and one reverse house from corduroy.
- 2. Print and cut out patterns. Cut patterns from wool fabric. Pin wool fabric shapes to pillow front. Use cotton thread to blanket stitch shapes to pillow front.
- 3. Use cotton thread to embroider accents such as candle, door, pumpkin and leaf to pillow front.
- 4. With right sides together and using 1/4” seam allowance, sew pillow front to back, leaving 10” opening at bottom for turning. Turn right side out through opening, stuff and hand sew opening closed.
- 5. Sew rickrack to pillow and tie around jingle bell.
by Eva Hanusova