Create a recipe book to hold all of your fall favorites in one place for holiday baking. This recipe book can be passed down to the next generation.
- Core’dinations Cardstock: Black, Cream
- Canvas Corp. Black & Ivory: Recipe Cards (CCP2632), Swirls (CCP2607), Wine & Cheese Sampler (CCP2643)
- Zutter: Chipboard Cover, 8”x8”; Pages, 8”x8”; Wire; Perfect Closures
- Black chipboard swirl
- Ribbon: black, cream, pale green sheer, pale green lace
- Pale green flowers, two
- Black self-adhesive rhinestones
- Black eyelets
scissors, paper trimmer, ruler, sponge dauber
- Xyron 9” Creative Station Home
- Xyron Glue Stick
- Xyron 12mm Double-Sided High Tack Tape
- Foam Pads made using Xyron 1.5” Create-a-Sticker
- Zutter Bind-it-all Machine
- Fiskars Victorian Paper Edger Scissors
- Eyelet setting tool
- Imagine Crafts Tsukineko StaZon Black Ink
- 1. Size is 8”x8”.
- Recipe Book
- 1. Cut 8”x8” panel from Black & Ivory Swirls paper; run through Xyron Creative Station Home. Ink edges black; adhere to front of chipboard cover.
- 2. Punch chipboard cover and page blanks; bind together using Zutter Bind-it-All.
- 3. Cut cutlery print strip from Wine & Cheese Sampler paper and cut slightly larger Black cardstock; mat together. Run through Xyron Create-a-Sticker; adhere across front center of cover as shown.
- 4. Ink leather Zutter Perfect Closure strap using Black StaZon ink; let dry. Attach closure hardware of front cover strap to rear cover.
- 5. Run 8" length of Websters Pages Designer trim through Xyron Create-a-Sticker; adhere to cover vertically beside wire binding as shown.
- 6. Select three tags from Wine & Cheese Sampler paper; mat to Cream cardstock. Trim bottom edge of tags with Victorian Paper Edger Scissors. Set eyelet into tag end as shown using eyelet tool. Run tags through Xyron Create-a-Sticker. Insert short length of black satin ribbon into eyelet; adhere to right side of cover as shown.
- 7. Run cutlery circle and black cutlery strip from Wine & Cheese Sampler paper through Xyron Create-a-Sticker. Fishtail cut black cutlery strip on top edge; tuck and adhere behind bottom tag as shown. Adhere cutlery circle to left bottom cover over lace trim. Run black chipboard swirl embellishment through Xyron Create-a-Sticker; adhere to top left edge of cover.
- 8. Cut menu from Black & Ivory Wine and Cheese Sampler and slightly larger Ivory cardstock panel; mat together. Mat panel to Black cardstock trimmed on left edge using Victorian Paper Edger Scissors.
- 9. Use Xyron Double-Sided High Tack Tape to create pleats in cream satin ribbon. Attach pleated ribbon to right side of menu using Double-Sided High Tack Tape; adhere menu to cover at angle using DIY-made foam tape pads.
- 10. Tuck and adhere two flowers under bottom edge of cream pleated ribbon using Xyron Glue Stick. Cut one 12”-length each of black satin ribbon and pale green sheer ribbon; tie together into knot to top binding ring. Adhere black rhinestones to embellishments as desired.
- 1. Check out these simple to follow video instructions for making your own foam tape pads using Xyron Create-a-Sticker by clicking here: youtube.com/watch?v=AJq3FGhhNOM.
by Sharon Callis for Xyron, Inc.