Repurposed Rake Door Décor
- Repurposed rusty metal rake with wooden handle
- Wooden paint stir sticks, two
- Autumn greenery with berries
- Sizzix Little Sizzles Matboard
- Wire, 18-gauge
sanding block, cutting surface, paintbrushes, newspaper (to cover work surface), ruler
- Hand saw, wire nippers
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine and Bigz Serif Essentials Dies
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Lamp Black, Snow White, Spiced Pumpkin
- Beacon Adhesives Premium Tacky Glue
- 1. Use hand saw and cutting surface to cut paint sticks to 9” lengths. Sand cut edges thoroughly. On covered work surface, paint sticks Spiced Pumpkin. Let dry.
- 2. Use die-cut machine and dies to cut “HAPPY FALL” from matboard. Paint letters Lamp Black. Drybrush letters Snow White. When dry, adhere letters to paint stick using glue.
- 3. Cut four 6” lengths of wire using wire nippers. Wrap and secure wire lengths around ends of sticks and onto back of rake, securing ends firmly. Cut 6” wire length; wrap and loop onto back of rake for hanger.
- 4. Drape and wrap greenery around edges of rake randomly. Hang on door.
- 1. Follow the same steps to die cut family name from matboard for a personalized home accent.
by Melony Miller Bradley