Silent Night Card
Capture the peaceful tranquility of a holy night with this Silent Night Card using Marinanne Design Dies and Glitter Ritz from Ecstasy Crafts.
- Cardstock: heavyweight navy blue; lightweight black, white, green, navy blue
paper trimmer, scoring tool, ruler, tweezers, glue stick
- Ecstasy Crafts Nellie’s Press Boss Die-cutting and Embossing Machine (NPB001) or any compatible die-cutting system
- Ecstasy Crafts Dies: Marinanne Design Creatables Horizon Winter Village (LR0284), Horizon Pine Trees (LR0283); Dee’s Distinctively Dies Mini Stars (IME086), Small Merry Christmas (IME087)
- Ecstasy Crafts Jewel Glitter Ritz Opaque Micro Fine Light Gold Glitter (32MFP)
- Ecstasy Crafts Adhesives: Be Creative Double-Stick Tape, 40mm wide (BC40), 5mm (BC5); Joy! Crafts 3D Foam Pads, 1mm (65000011)
- 1. Cut 10-1/2”x7-1/4” strip from navy blue heavyweight cardstock; score and fold to create 5-1/4”x7-1/4” side-fold card.
- 2. Cut one of each four colors of lightweight cardstock to measure 5-1/2”x7-1/2”.
- 3. Die cut village from white cardstock. (Note: Die is slightly smaller than width of cardstock. Cut village design to fit card at each edge.)
- 4. Place die at top of strip and cut out trees and hills from lightweight navy blue, green, and black cardstock. (Note: Die is slightly smaller than width of cardstock. Cut edges from design to allow it to fit on card.)
- 5. Using double-sided tape and aligning bottom edges, adhere black tree scene to card front on bottom edge of card as shown.
- 6. Align and adhere white village scene to card over black scene slightly lower than tree horizon, placing foam pads behind houses and trees to add dimension. Adhere remainder of white scene to card using double-sided tape; trim away bottom edge to fit bottom of card.
- 7. Repeat Step 6 for the remaining two pieces, using photo as placement guide.
- 8. Die cut Merry Christmas sentiment and attach to card using glue stick.
- 9. Remove one liner strip from 40mm double-sided tape; attach to white cardstock. Die cut two stars and add glitter. (Note: To add glitter, see tip below.) Adhere stars as desired to card front using foam pads.
- 1. To add Glitter Ritz, cut and adhere a strip of the Be Creative double-sided tape to cardstock; die cut stars. Peel back tape liner, hold design near edge using tweezers, and dip into glitter to cover entire star. Rub the glitter with your fingers to burnish the glitter to the cardstock (this will brighten the glitter even more). If there are any gaps, re-dip and re-burnish and then dust off access.
by Marilynne Oskamp for Ecstasy Crafts Inc.