Halloween Party Favor Tube
- Empty paper towel tube
- The Robin’s Nest Cardstock: Purple Glitter Crackle, Orange Glitter Crackle, Black Classic Glitter
- The Paper Studio Tiny Polka-Lime Paper
- Crafty Secrets Halloween Images & Journal Notes Booklet
- The Robin’s Nest Neon Purple Mini Dew Drops
- Lime green vintage buttons, three
- Black lace trim, 1/2”-wide
- Black specialty fiber
- Black specialty fiber
- Purple tissue paper
- Lollipops or candy of choice
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, printer paper, flat paintbrush, foam paintbrush, palette, binder clip, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Computer and printer
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting System and Tim Holtz Alterations Dies: On the Edge Scallops, Sizzlits Decorative Strip Paper Rosette
- Martha Stewart Crafts Seal Punch
- Plaid FolkArt Indigo Acrylic Paint
- Adhesives: Plaid Mod Podge Gloss, Beacon Adhesives Zip Dry Paper Glue, clear dots, clear lines
- 1. Cut 4” length from paper towel tube. Paint inside of tube Indigo; let dry.
- 2. Using foam paintbrush, apply one coat Mod Podge to inside of tube; let dry.
- 3. Apply liquid glue to inside bottom edge of tube and pinch closed; secure with binder clip until completely dry.
- 4. Measure and cut Purple Glitter Crackle cardstock to fit around outside of tube. Adhere cardstock strip to tube using Mod Podge and foam paintbrush; let dry.
- 5. Die cut scalloped strip from Orange Glitter Crackle cardstock. Adhere strip around top of tube, approximately 1/2” from top edge, using paper glue; let dry.
- 6. Use clear adhesive lines to adhere black lace around top of tube; trim excess. Cut and adhere short length of lace to bottom left edge of tube. Using clear dots, adhere three buttons and three Mini Dew Drops over lace.
- 7. Die cut rosette from Black Classic Glitter cardstock. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to assemble rosette using paper glue; let dry. Adhere rosette to tube as shown; let dry.
- 8. Punch seal from polka-dot paper; adhere to rosette. Detail cut pumpkin from vintage image book; adhere to seal. Let dry.
- 9. Print “trick or treat” wording onto printer paper; detail cut words into strips and adhere to seal. Let dry.
- 10. Cut 8” length of specialty fiber; use clear dots to secure ends inside top of tube on opposite sides for hanger.
- 11. Fill favor with tissue paper and candy.
- 1. Recreate this same design for winter holidays using appropriate papers, colors, and snowflake embellishments.
by Tonya Wilson