Glitter Candlelight Card
With Ecstasy Crafts products, it’s easy to create this glistening holiday card to send warm wishes glowing with Christmas spirit to family and friends.
- Ivory card, 4”x6”
- Cardstock: heavy-weight moss green, Ecstasy Crafts Joy! Crafts Red Linen A5 (80990009)
- Stickers: gold lines, Ecstasy Crafts Starform Deco Sticker Variety Sayings Christmas (362)
paper trimmer, scoring tool, craft knife, tweezers, ruler, sponge dauber
- Ecstasy Crafts Nellie’s Press Boss Die-cutting and Embossing Machine (NPB001) or any compatible die-cutting system
- Ecstasy Crafts Dee’s Distinctively Dies Candle Set (IME-010)
- Ecstasy Crafts Nellie’s Choice Christmas Rectangle Embossing Folder (EFE001)
- Ecstasy Crafts Nellie’s Choice Holly Leaves Punch (FLP015)
- Ecstasy Crafts Glitter: Jewel Glitter Ritz Micro Fine: Fire Red (34MFP), Light Gold (32MFP)
- Green pigment ink pad
- Adhesives: Ecstasy Crafts Be Creative Double-sided Tape, 40mm wide (BC40); Joy! Crafts 3D Foam Pads, 0.5mm, 2mm
- 1. Size is 4"x6".
- Glitter Candlelight Card
- 1. Emboss ivory card front using Nellie’s Christmas Rectangle Embossing Folder.
- 2. Die cut candle base from Joy! Crafts Red Linen Cardstock; set aside.
- 3. Remove one liner strip from 40 mm double-sided tape; attach to red linen cardstock. Die cut wax dripping design and two flame sizes from cardstock/tape combination.
- 4. Add glitter to wax dripping design and large flame using the Fire Red Glitter and add Light Gold Glitter to smaller flame design. (Note: To add glitter, simply peel back tape liner, hold design near edge, and pour glitter over design. To burnish design, rub glitter with finger.)
- 5. Cut candle height to 3 inches. Using curved edge of scissors or tweezers, cut curve into candle as shown in photo. Adhere candle to center of card front using 2mm foam pads in middle and 0.5mm foam pads near edges. (Note: This will allow candle to keep curve and appear dimensional.)
- 6. Adhere glittered wax drippings on top portion of candle as shown. Attach flame pieces to top of candle, first the larger flame using 0.5 mm foam pads and then the gold glittered flame using small piece of double-sided tape.
- 7. Punch three holly leaves from moss green cardstock; use sponge dauber to ink edges green. Adhere leaves to base of candle using foam pads.
- 8. Create gold line frame around card using sticker lines as shown in photo. Add “Merry Christmas” sentiment on top left of card as shown.
by Marilynne Oskamp for Ecstasy Crafts Inc.