Vintage Easel Valentine
- White cardstock
- White paper heart doilies, two
- Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Wacky Animals Creative Scraps image sheet
- Prima Marketing, Inc. French White Fairytale Roses
- May Arts red silk ribbon
- Stamps: Verses Rubber Stamps How Do I Love Thee (QQ0809-G); Hero Arts Valentine Sayings (C1402)
- Tsukineko ink pads: VersaFine Crimson Red; Memento Rich Cocoa
- Tattered Angels Passion Red Glimmer Mist
- FloraCraft Diamond Dust Crystal Twinklets glitter
- Punches: Punch A Bunch Heart; EK Success Brands Martha Stewart Crafts Pinking Scallop Edge
- Tsukineko sponge dauber
- Adhesives: Glue Dots International/API Glue Dots Brand adhesive dots; glue pen
- 1. Make white top-fold card base. Score card front horizontally at midpoint (2-1/8” from each edge). Stamp red poem repeatedly over card front.
- 2. Cut 4”x4-1/4” white cardstock panel. Gently swirl Glimmer Mist bottle until sediment rises from bottom and is evenly distributed. Spray cardstock, doilies and two flowers with Glimmer Mist; let dry. Designer Tip: Spray doilies over separate sheets of cardstock to create misted backgrounds for future projects.
- 3. Border punch one long edge of misted cardstock; trim to 1-1/2”-wide. Punch two small hearts from same piece of cardstock; punch nine white hearts.
- 4. Stamp red sentiment onto white cardstock; trim to size and mat on misted cardstock.
- 5. Wrap ribbon around center of lower half of card front, tying bow at left side. Tie second bow and glue to center of first. Glue flowers to bow.
- 6. Sponge vintage image edges Rich Cocoa. Glue image to center of doily on angle; let dry. Run glue pen around image and doily edges; sprinkle with Diamond Dust and let dry.
- 7. Glue or tape bottom half of doily to card front as shown, applying adhesive to card, not doily. Be sure doily does not hang off card edge. Top half of doily will “stand up” when card is folded down into easel.
- 8. Fold card flap down to determine placement of “holder” strip. Lightly mark top of strip with pencil. Stamp red poem beneath pencil line. Glue strip over top edge of stamping. Glue sentiment and red hearts over poem. Cut and adhere bits of second doily to inside bottom corners of card.
by Suzane Czosek