Flying Flag Card Trio
- Cardstock (Stampin’ Up!): Basic Black; Whisper White; Night of Navy; Old Olive; Real Red; Riding Hood Red; River Rock
- Stamps: Hero plate (Artistic Outpost); Pre-Inked Uppercase Typewriter Letters (JustRite Stampers)
- Ink pads (Ranger): Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Fired Brick, Faded Jeans, Tattered Rose, Brushed Corduroy, Shabby Shutters and Weathered Wood; Jet Black Archival
- Inkssentials Non-Stick Craft Sheet (Ranger)
- Aqua Painter water brush (Stampin’ Up!)
- Water mister
- Detail scissors
- Foam adhesive dots
- My Country Card
- 1. Make Old Olive card base. Cut smaller black and Real Red panels; adhere to card as shown. Set card aside.
- 2. Ink flag image with Faded Jeans and Fired Brick inks and stamp on white cardstock. Stamp Jet Black sentiment. Trim as shown and mat on black cardstock, leaving 1/16” border. Adhere to card.
- 3. Press Tattered Rose and Weathered Wood ink pads against separate areas of craft sheet. Mist with water until inks bead up and run together. Place small piece of white cardstock into inks, lift up and let dry. Stamp Jet Black soldier image on cardstock; let dry.
- 4. Press Shabby Shutters ink pad against craft sheet; use water brush to pick up ink and apply to soldier’s uniform. Trim image and mat on Old Olive and black cardstock. Adhere to card.
- Hero Card
- 1. Make Night of Navy card base; set aside.
- 2. Cut 3-3/4”x5” Riding Hood Red piece. Stamp HERO as shown. Mat on black, then white, cardstock panels, leaving 1/16” border. Adhere to card.
- 3. Ink flag image with Faded Jeans and Fired Brick inks and stamp on white cardstock. Trim image as shown and mat on black cardstock, leaving 1/16” border. Adhere to card.
- 4. Stamp Jet Black boy image on white cardstock; let dry. Press Tattered Rose ink pad against craft sheet; use water brush to pick up ink and apply to boy’s face, chest and arms. Repeat with Brushed Corduroy ink; apply to uniform. Mat in same way as flag image. Adhere to card with foam dots.
- Flying Flag Card
- 1. Make River Rock card base; set aside.
- 2. Stamp Fired Brick fl ag image on white cardstock; set aside. Re-ink and stamp image three more times on white cardstock. Cut out individual pieces of flag and adhere to main image with foam dots to create dimension.
- 3. Mat layered image panel on Riding Hood Red, River Rock and Riding Hood Red panels. Adhere to card.
- 1. Interested in making cards for service members deployed overseas? Visit these sites for more information: soldiersangels.org (join the Cards Plus Team); stampassion.com (NY stamp store, click on Stamp for the Troops); anysoldier.com (family-organized effort has supported 1.3 million+ troops so far with help of 35,000 volunteers).
by Lisa Somerville