New Mom Gift Bags & Cards
sizes: giraffe card, 3”x3”, bag, 4”x5-1/4”; Dino card, 4-1/4”x5-1/2”, bag, 3-1/4”x4-3/8”
- GOO GOO FOR U:
- Cardstock (Prism Papers): Natural Smooth; Frosted Pink
- Gift bag, 4”x5-1/4”
- White ribbon (Morex)
- Stamps (Cornish Heritage Farms): Kim Hughes Collection Baby Love set; Fine Houndstooth Scrapblock
- Adirondack ink pads (Ranger): Pitch Black; Shell Pink
- SPECIAL DELIVERY:
- Cardstock (Prism Papers): Suede Brown Dark; Super Smooth White
- Archaic 6”x6” Paper Pack (BasicGrey)
- Gift bag, 3-1/4”x4-3/8”
- Brown stitched ribbon (May Arts)
- Brown eyelet, 3/16” (American Crafts)
- Kim Hughes Collection Baby Love stamp set (Cornish Heritage Farms)
- Adirondack Pitch Black ink pad (Ranger)
- Sticky note
- COPIC markers (Imagination International)
- Sewing machine and white thread
- Foam adhesive dots
- Goo Goo for U
- 1. Make natural card base. Cut 3”x3” pink and 2-3/4”x2-3/4” natural cardstock squares. Stamp natural square with Shell Pink houndstooth background; mat on pink square.
- 2. Stamp black sentiment onto 1”x2-3/4” natural cardstock strip; mat on pink cardstock and adhere to stamped panel. Zig-zag stitch along top and bottom edges of sentiment strip; adhere panel to card.
- 3. Follow Steps 1 and 2 to create larger panel for bag front. Stamp black giraffe image and sentiment onto 2-1/2”x3-1/8” natural cardstock piece; mat on pink. Draw black grass blades. Color image with markers. Layer and stitch panels; adhere to bag.
- 4. Stamp black rattle onto natural cardstock; cut out and color. Tie rattle to handle with ribbon; adhere to bag with foam dot.
- Special Delivery
- 1. Make white card base. Cut 4-1/4”x5-1/2” brown cardstock piece. Cut 2-1/4”x5-1/4” green and 3”x4-3/4” brown patterned paper pieces. Adhere layers to cardstock as shown; zig-zag stitch along top, left and bottom green edges.
- 2. Stamp black sentiment on 7/8”x2-3/4” white cardstock strip; cut into tag shape and mat on brown patterned paper. Adhere tag to panel, aligned with right edge of brown paper. Stitch right edge of paper, sewing over tag edge.
- 3. Stamp black dino baby on 2”x2-1/2” white cardstock piece; mask dino with sticky note and stamp bottle on back. Remove mask. Color image with markers and draw ground line with black marker. Mat on brown patterned paper and adhere to card with foam dots.
- 4. Insert eyelet in end of tag through all card layers. Cut small slit in fold; insert ribbon and tie bow.
- 5. Cut green and brown patterned paper pieces to fit bag front; mat on brown cardstock. Stamp black sentiment on white cardstock; trim and mat on brown cardstock. Adhere layers together, stitch patterned paper edges, and adhere to bag.
- 6. Stamp black dino onto white cardstock; cut out and color. Hand-cut pouch shape from folded edge of brown patterned paper; mat on brown cardstock, leaving very narrow border. Adhere dino inside pouch. Tie pouch to handle with ribbon.
- 1. Swap color schemes to create masculine giraffe set or feminine dino set to change things up.
- 2. Mini gift bag is the perfect size for a baby-store gift card. Tie on a tiny binkie to complete your gift.
- 3. Flip-flop components to create more looks: swap “Welcome tiny miracle” on card with giraffe panel on bag, for example.
by Michele Boyer