Levi Celebration Album
size: 4-1/2” across
- Chipboard: 4-1/2” white circles, four or more (Zsiage); L; black star
- White cardstock
- Leather cording
- Stamps: cowboy themed set; alphabet
- Ink pads (Ranger): Archival Jet Black; Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo and Clear Embossing Ink
- Embossing powders (Ranger); Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress; Silver Pearl Embossing Pearls
- Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Crackle Paint (Ranger)
- Adirondack Pitch Black Acrylic Paint Dabber (Ranger)
- Inkssentials tools (Ranger): Cut N Dry Foam; Non-Stick Craft Sheet; Rub it Scrub it Pad; Heatit Craft Tool
- Inkssentials mediums (Ranger): Clear Perfect Medium; Clear Perfect Medium Pen; Glossy Accents
- Gel Medium (Liquitex)
- Circle Cutter (Fiskars)
- Craft punches: big star (Fiskars); small star, folk art heart (EK Success)
- Water mister
- Stapler and staples
- Computer and printer
- Optional: (C6280) All-In-One Printer and Photo Paper (Hewlett-Packard)
- Optional: Adobe Photoshop Elements (Adobe)
- 1. Following manufacturer’s instructions, apply crackle paint to front of one chipboard circle and chipboard letter; let air dry for a few hours or allow to dry until first cracks appear, then finish drying with heat tool.
- 2. Print tabs from computer, creating red text box and white text. Cut out tabs and fold in half. Glue one tab beneath edge of black chipboard star using Glossy Accents; adhere star to cover using Glossy Accents. Adhere letter to star.
- 3. Print black-and-white photographs and crop to fit circle pages. Using photos as guides, create backgrounds and decorate remaining album pages using desired techniques in Steps 4-9.
- 4. Paint page with black paint dabber. Emboss words with Vintage Photo Distress powder.
- 5. Punch heart from white cardstock, cover with Distress embossing ink and Vintage Photo powder to create embellishment for a photo, or emboss cardstock scrap with silver powder, let cool and punch stars from sheet.
- 6. Create a Wrinkle-Free Distress look by rubbing Vintage Photo Distress pad onto craft sheet and spritz with water; ink will bead up. Press white cardstock onto ink and lift; dry with heat tool. Lightly tap paper back into remaining ink drops on craft sheet to build layers of color; dry with heat tool. Continue until pleased with effect. Cut circles from cardstock to mat photos. Stamp black images/sentiments on page.
- 7. Stamp and/or emboss images on white cardstock; trim to fit pages. Add foam dots behind images and/or photos to add dimension. Print additional “clothing labels” and staple front edge to album page; fold over and glue back edge over staple prongs.
- 8. Apply Vintage Photo Distress ink to chipboard with foam pad for fauxleather look.
- 9. If your alphabet stamp sets don’t fit the space, simply write desired wording using Perfect Medium Pen and emboss with desired powder.
by Kriss Cramer