French Country Shadowbox
- Shadowbox, 10”x14”
- Patterned papers: off-white script; black-and-white damask
- Light blue cardstock
- Wooden oval, 4-1/2” long
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Lamp Black; Light Buttermilk
- Crystal stone, 10mm
- Metal clip
- Black/white gingham ribbon
- Simply Foam Stamps (Plaid): Fleur De Lis
- Rubber stamps: Rooster (Inkadinkado); “Meilleurs Voeux” (Magenta Stamps)
- Black pigment inkpad
- Foam brush
- Sanding block
- Paper trimmer
- Zip Dry Paper Glue (Beacon Adhesives)
- Liquid Laminate (Beacon Adhesives)
- 1. Remove glass and contents from shadowbox. Lightly sand and basecoat box Lamp Black. Paint oval Light Buttermilk.
- 2. Cut damask paper to fit shadowbox edges. Follow Liquid Laminate manufacturer’s instructions to adhere paper to edges.
- 3. Cut cardstock to fit top half and script paper to fit bottom half of inside shadowbox. Cut damask paper to 1” and length of inside box. Glue papers inside box.
- 4. Use ink to stamp Fleur De Lis on bottom left of script paper, rooster on oval and sentiment on top left of cardstock.
- 5. Cut ribbon to fit width of inside box and glue at bottom as shown, over Fleur De Lis. Glue metal clip, crystal to rooster motif and button to Fleur De Lis. Place oval inside clip. Place glass inside box.
by Melony Bradley