Halloween Greetings Star
size: 8-3/4” wide
- Burlap fabric
- Thin cardboard
- Graphic 45 Happy Haunting Collection Papers, 12”x12”: Jolly Jack-O-Lantern, Hallowe’en Greetings
- The Robin’s Nest Light Orange Dew Drops
- Advantus Tim Holtz idea-ology Seasonal Salvage Stickers
- Black/white/silver specialty fibers
- Black lace, 1-1/2”-wide
ruler, pencil, printer paper
- Computer and printer
- EK Success Color Bee Titanium Scissors
- Adhesives: Beacon Adhesives Felt Glue, Ranger Inkssentials Glossy Accents, small clear dots, foam dots
- 1. Look online for a five-pointed star and print at 8-3/4”-wide. Cut out star to use as pattern. Cut star from cardboard and burlap. Adhere burlap to cardboard using Felt Glue; let dry.
- 2. Adhere lace trim across star just below center using Felt Glue; let dry.
- 3. Using photo as guide, detail cut floral cluster, postage stamp, and witch-on-pumpkin floral design from Jolly Jack-O-Lantern paper. Detail cut raven, sentiment, and two bats from Hallowe’en Greetings paper.
- 4. Using Glossy Accents, adhere floral cluster to left side of star. Using foam dots, adhere witch motif to star, overlapping floral cluster. Apply Glossy Accents along bottom edge of postage stamp; slide stamp behind witch motif. Let dry.
- 5. Using Glossy Accents, adhere raven and sentiment to upper half of star as shown, sliding “31” number stickers beneath bottom edge of sentiment before pressing elements to burlap. Let dry. Using Glossy Accents, adhere bats to star as shown; let dry.
- 6. Use clear dots to adhere Dew Drops to visible sunflower centers.
- 7. Cut several 10” lengths from specialty fibers for hanger; adhere ends to back of star using clear dots.
- 1. Test liquid glue on paper and fabric scraps prior to applying to surface to ensure they will dry clear.
by Michelle Hodges