Vintage Ephemera Plaque
- Pine Rectangle Plaque (#1829) (Walnut Hollow)
- Light Aluminum Metal*
- Design Sheet A*
- Metal Tacks*
- Metal Tape*
- Perfect Paints (Earth Safe Finishes): Wildflower; Black Storm
- Opulence Colors (Earth Safe Finishes): Magenta; Gold
- Colorant (Earth Safe Finishes): Rainforest
- Vintage images (laser copied) such as postcards and money
- Creative Metal Beginner Kit*
- Perfect Petals Button Punch (McGill): Buttercup, 1-5/8”
- Decoupage Medium (Earth Safe Finishes)
- Blue painter’s tape
- Cosmetic-wedge sponges
- Fine-grit sandpaper
- Small hammer
- Flat paintbrush
- 1. Use flat paintbrush to basecoat plaque Black Storm. Let dry.
- 2. Randomly apply Wildflower paint onto Plaque. Immediately, touch a “scrunched” paper towel onto paint, creating a mottled look. Let dry.
- 3. Cut copies images to fit plaque front. Arrange images in a collage style, keeping in mind one image will be framed. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to decoupage images to plaque.
- 4. Trace frame pattern onto aluminum metal. Cut on traced line with metal scissors.
- 5. Tape design sheet onto frame; emboss. Emboss metal by rubbing texture tool across design sheet, revealing design. Remove design sheet and place metal onto acrylic mat. Use nylon and metal detailer points to further define image on both front and back of Metal.
- 6. Repeat Step 5, using leaf design sheet (from kit). Cut around each leaf with metal scissors.
- 7. Punch three flowers from metal. Use nylon detailer point to create a circle shape at center of each flower and a “doodled” design on petals.
- 8. Place metal on foam mat and attach roller. Decorate each edge of frame with medium roller point.
- 9. Use cosmetic-wedge sponge to apply colorant to frame. (Note: Colorant is very concentrated, so only a small amount is needed.) When dry, gently sand.
- 10. Use finger or cosmetic-wedge sponge to apply Opulence color onto flowers and leaves. Gently sand leaves and flowers.
- 11. Use cosmeticwedge sponge to apply small amounts of Opulence colors onto plaque, highlighting selected areas.
- 12. Use metal tape to adhere frame to plaque.
- 13. Use hammer to affix decorated leaves to frame with metal tack. Use metal tape to adhere flowers to frame.
by Rebekah Meier for Walnut Hollow