Halloween will be here before you know it! This fun acrylic banner was created with a non-traditional floral look to reduce the scare factor for the little ones this Halloween.
- Clear Scraps 5-piece Acrylic Banner
- Graphic 45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe Collection Paper Pad, 8”x8”
- Gold adhesive pearls
- Orange glitter alphabet stickers
- Sheer black ribbon, 5/8”-wide
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil
- Silhouette America Silhouette Cameo Electronic Cutting System and Samantha Walker SVG Digital Cutting Files: Flowers, Flourishes
- Xyron 5” Creative Station
- Xyron 3/16” High Tack Adhesive Dots
- Xyron 1/2” Double-Sided High Tack Tape
- Viva Décor Bronze Pearl Pen
- 1. Size is 24” long.
- Trick-or-Treat Banner
- 1. Using Cameo Cutting System and digital cutting file, cut 45 flowers in three graduating sizes from assorted patterned papers.
- 2. Cut desired number of flourishes from green paper.
- 3. To give flowers dimension, bend and shape petal edges using fingers. (see photos)
- 4. To assemble flowers, use Xyron 3/16” High Tack Adhesive Dots to adhere one small, one medium, and one large flower layer together. (see photos)
- 5. Adhere pearl to center of each flower using Xyron 3/16” High Tack Adhesive Dots. (see photos)
- 6. Peel protective film from both sides of each acrylic banner piece.
- 7. Cut five 3"x4" rectangles from desired patterned papers. Run each rectangle through Xyron 5" Creative Station; adhere patterned papers to banner as shown in photo. Trim excess paper using scissors.
- 8. Place small square of Xyron 1/2” Double-Sided High Tack Tape where flourishes are desired on banner pieces. Press flourishes over tape squares.
- 9. Using photo as guide, adhere assembled flowers to banner using Xyron 3/16” High Tack Adhesive Dots. (see photos)
- 10. Adhere “TRICK OR TREAT” alphabet stickers to banner as shown.
- 11. Tie banner pieces together with sheer ribbon. Tie additional ribbon lengths to banner ends for hanger. (see photos)
- 12. Add decorative pearl dots where desired using pearl pen; let dry.
- 1. For a brighter version of this banner, cut flowers and flourishes from purple, lime, and orange papers. Tie banner pieces together using playful Halloween ribbon or baker’s twine.
by Cristal (Pinky) Hobbs for Xyron, Inc