Chunky Tag Art Heart
- White pine 2”x4” framing stud, 6” length
- Pages from old book
- May Arts Ivory silk ribbon, 1/4”
- Maya Road Chipboard alphabets: Jonathan; Noah
- Wooden items: mini clothespin, 1”; hobby shelving; drawer pull
- Vintage earrings or buttons, two
- Advantus Tim Holtz Idea-ology line: Grungepaper; Grungeboard; Game Spinners; Long Fasteners
painter's masking tape, small handsaw
- Spellbinders The Wizard die-cutting system and dies: Antiquities (S4-298); Fallen Angel (S4-299); Butterflies Two (S3-146); Labels Eleven (S4-246); Daisy Heads (S4-058); Sunflower Set Two (S4-158)
- Stamps: Just For Fun Rubber Stamps Moment of Time (D3127), Grain & Coal (F3045) and Leaf Sprig with Berries (D3360); Rubber Soul Wordsworth Remembering Lincoln Collection Clear Set (7019N); Crafts, Etc! Stampabilities Big Plaid Background (TR1005); Stampers Anonymous Studio 490 Wendy Vecchi Stamps Ticket to Art (LCS001)
- Ranger Archival ink pads: Jet Black; Olive; Coffee
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Inks pads: Broken China; Vintage Photo; Tumbled Glass; Old Paper; Peeled Paint; Crushed Olive; Rusty Hinge; Spiced Marmalade; Barn Door; Aged Mahogany; Fired Brick; Black Soot
- Ranger Perfect Pearls pigments: Green Patina; Gold
- Ranger Claudine Hellmuth Studio Matte Multi-Medium
- Ranger Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabbers: Pitch Black; Snow Cap; Gold Metallics
- Ranger Distress Stickles Rock Candy glitter glue
- Ranger Inkssentials line: Matte and Glossy Accents; Ink Blending Tool with Blending Foam; Non-Stick Craft Sheet; Mini Misters
- Tattered Angels Fanciful Stencils Glimmer Screens
- Sanding block and sandpaper
- Wood tacks
- Glue gun
- 1. Sand wood block edges. Apply book pages to all sides of block using Matte Multi-Medium; let dry. Sand away excess paper.
- 2. Place Fanciful Stencil screen over wide front side of block; sponge on Crushed Olive Distress Ink using blending tool. Repeat on back side.
- 3. Stamp Coffee Archival speckled background from Ticket to Art on all four sides of block. Stamp Jet Black Archival leaf spring image around top edge of block.
- 4. Cut two 3-1/2” lengths of hobby shelving. Paint mini clothespin, shelf sections and drawer pull Pitch Black, using paint dabber. Let dry. Sand various sections to achieve worn, distressed look. Sponge Vintage Photo Distress Ink over sanded areas.
- 5. Die cut and emboss the following shapes from Grungepaper: three flowers from Daisy Heads; flowers and two leaves from Sunflower Set Two; keyhole and key from Antiquities; two hearts and two sets of wings from Fallen Angel, leaving cut-outs in place on one heart and one set of wings; one Labels Eleven; middle butterfly from Butterflies Two.
- 6. Stamp and cut from Grungeboard: two sets of leaves from Ticket to Art; one Moment of Time image. Ink both sides of Moment of Time Vintage Photo using blending tool.
- 7. Form following chipboard alphabet words: dream; heart; believe. Mix alphabets for added interest. Ink “heart” Tumbled Glass; ink other two words Peeled Paint. Overstamp all words with Jet Black Grain & Coal stamp.
- 8. Side One (main image): Glue shelf section 1” up from bottom. Ink Labels Eleven front and back with Vintage Photo. Stamp top of label with Olive leaf sprig image. Mask and stamp Jet Black Lincoln quote on label, leaving room for “heart” in center. Glue word to label. Curl corners to add dimension; attach mini clothespin. (see photos)
- 9. Ink both sides of daisy layers Broken China; overstamp front with Jet Black plaid background. Curl and shape petals; glue flower centers together. Glue vintage earring to center.
- 10. Ink front and back of Studio 490 leaves Peeled Paint; curl leaf ends. Paint full set of wings gold and other set white using paint dabbers; let dry. Glue layers together.
- 11. Ink both hearts Barn Door. Place completely die-cut heart in Fallen Angel heart template and stencil Aged Mahogany. Glue hearts together and cover top heart with glitter glue; let dry. Glue all assembled pieces to Side One of wood block as shown.
- 12. Side 2: Sponge Tumbled Glass and Crushed Olive ink over side of wood block. Glue “believe” to surface as shown. (see photos)
- 13. Side 3: Glue shelf section 1” up from bottom. Ink both sides of sunflowers Broken China; overstamp front with Jet Black plaid background. Curl and shape petals; glue flower centers together. Glue vintage earring to center. (see photos)
- 14. Ink front and back of Studio 490 leaves Peeled Paint; curl leaf ends. Ink both sides of sunflower leaves Crushed Olive. Place leaves in template and stencil Peeled Paint. Curl and shape leaves.
- 15. Paint keyhole and both sides of key gold using paint dabber; let dry. Sponge on Black Soot and wipe away excess for aged look. Brush on Green Patina and Gold pigment powder. Tie key to keyhole with ribbon.
- 16. Ink both sides of butterfly Spiced Marmalade. Place butterfly in template and stencil Rusty Hinge. Overstamp butterfly front with Coffee speckled background. Punch small hole near bottom and fasten game spinner onto butterfly with fastener.
- 17. Paint Grungepaper scrap white; let dry. Stamp Moment of Time twice onto painted paper, once in Tumbled Glass and once in Black Soot. Cut out circle for blue clock. Cut out white sentiment strip. Layer and adhere elements to Grungeboard image created in Step 6. Insert long fasteners at ends of sentiment. Glue all assembled pieces to Side Three of wood block as shown; attach keyhole with wood tacks.
- 18. Side 4: Sponge Tumbled Glass and Crushed Olive ink over side of wood block. Glue “dream” to surface as shown. (see photos)
by Sherry Cheever for Spellbinders